SOCOM 3 - 4+ days

The Gun Of Bavaria

How do you guys like the game so far?

I love it. I am almost done with the first group of missions in single player (North Africa). I think I have one more mission to go before I move on to the second group.

Online, I think there are a few quirks that will be fixed with a server side patch (stats not registering properly, sometimes not being able to change your weapon after rounds) but I am hooked. The new maps, vehicles, and new weapon/attatchment system are all so great. I am hooked.

Has anyone seen the night vision? It is sick - so much better than S2. That coupled with the thermal scope makes for some sick predator style action.

My username is don_mattingly.

=Has anyone seen the night vision? It is sick - so much better than S2. That coupled with the thermal scope makes for some sick predator style action.

My username is don_mattingly.

Why did you pick that game? You want to not win any championships?

I'm liking the game more and more. I don't play offline missions but the online is a blast. Something strange was happening last night though. We were rolling around in the tank fully enclosed when bam!! somebody caps me with an IW along with the other two memebers that were insided the hatch. This happened like three times. We called him on it after the round and he claims he was just running around and saw us all just standing in one place. Something seems kind of strange about that but I'll go back on tonight and see if it happens again.

Have any of you beat the offline version to get some extra stuff for the online game? I was reluctant at first, but then I saw someone sniping with a Guilie suit on. Its a great uniform to aquire, I love it and blend right in.

I also beat it on captain to get the front grip and medium scope, but havent tried them online. I will NOT be playing this on Admiral any time soon, it was a pain in the arse to beat it on commander. However if any of you do beat it on Admiral, you get the IW-80 and the STG-77 for online which can be VERY usefull if you remember socom 2.

Have any of you beat the offline version to get some extra stuff for the online game? I was reluctant at first, but then I saw someone sniping with a Guilie suit on. Its a great uniform to aquire, I love it and blend right in.

I also beat it on captain to get the front grip and medium scope, but havent tried them online. I will NOT be playing this on Admiral any time soon, it was a pain in the arse to beat it on commander. However if any of you do beat it on Admiral, you get the IW-80 and the STG-77 for online which can be VERY usefull if you remember socom 2.

I didn't beat the game but I do happen to own a sharkport and was able to find a game save online. Therefore I'm rolling with the guilie suit and all the goodies. I just don't have time to complete offline missions and play with my clan online.

I dont have time either, its really a pain in the arse. Where do I get a sharkport from? Or is there another way to do it?

As far as I know they don't make sharkports anymore. You might be able to do a search and find on one ebay. If not, I'd be happy to copy the file to a memory card if you have an extra that you can send me.

I just beat the game on LT. I don't have the patience to get my a$$ handed to me on CAPT

Damn, I'm impressed. I played the first mission and was about burnt out on the offline missions already. All that sneaking around really bores me. I just like running around with guns blazing until of course the first person I meet owns me like a bitch. :lol:

Well, im on Admiral about halfway through. I guess since i'm that far, I could just finish it up. I know the last part is going to be tough. It was hard to keep those guys out of the building the first time......but on Admiral it will be VERY tough.

I have some extra time. I just signed back up in the military for another 6 years and i'm waiting for my assignment to go through. So I will be sitting on my arse for the next month. Hopfully I wont go to the Middle East where I cant play Socom online...lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived