Pete Kendall

victorjets

Miscues center on Pete

ATLANTA - When is the last time a center took the blame for a loss? It happened last night at the Georgia Dome, where Pete Kendall fell on the sword after the Jets' 27-14 loss to the Falcons. "If I play better, we've got a chance to win that game," Kendall said. "But I threw it all away."

Kendall, who made his first start switching over from guard for the injured Kevin Mawae, identified three huge mistakes:

- On the Jets' second play from scrimmage, there was a botched exchange with Vinny Testaverde. The Falcons recovered. Kendall said it was his fault, saying he short-armed the snap.

- On the second series, DT Antwan Lake knifed between Kendall and right guard Brandon Moore, sacked Testaverde and forced a fumble. The Falcons recovered. Kendall said he didn't communicate the line call quick enough to the rest of the linemen.

- On the fourth series, DT Rod Coleman shot between Kendall and Moore and sacked Testaverde. DE Chauncey Davis recovered the fumble and returned it 24 yards for a touchdown. Testaverde made a "check-with-me" call at the line, and Kendall said he didn't hear it.

It was Kendall's first start at center since 2003 with the Cardinals. That year, he had no fumbles, he said

Kendall was "jumpy". I thought he actually had two false starts that they didn't call. He was moving before he snapped the ball.

Tough spot for him. Not minimizing that. I know he hasn't played center in a long time.

Moore is the only guy playing the position he started in. Scary.

Kendall was "jumpy". I thought he actually had two false starts that they didn't call. He was moving before he snapped the ball.

Tough spot for him. Not minimizing that. I know he hasn't played center in a long time.

Moore is the only guy playing the position he started in. Scary.

You make a good point.

Center is a much tougher position then most people realize.

Kendall screwed up a few plays but should hardly be blamed for the loss.

Way to go herm. Nothng like letting your player take the blame for the loss. You coward.

What exactly has Godwin been doing for 4 years? Wasn't he Mawae's understudy?

Herm let's these guys sit around collecting a pay check and reading comic books, I guess.

And Woody (DIck Pecker) Johnson is an even bigger jackoff because he tolerates and encourages it.

speaking of Brandon Moore, boy has he regressed this year.

its also possible he wasnt terribly good to begin with...he certainly had a lot of help on the right side between kareem and becht, to say nothing of a healthy mawae to his left...in fact, i think its far more likely he's just being exposed for the mediocre player that he is...

speaking of Brandon Moore, boy has he regressed this year.

Playing next to Jason Fabini will make any decent above average guard look alot worse than he really is.

And this zone blocking bullsh%% has got to go.

Our Olineman are missing assignments on every play, letting Dlineman get to the ball without putting at hat on them.

Go back to the man on a man Olineman schemes. This zone blocking BS is not working out. Scrap it!

Herm is finding any person he can to push blame on. I felt bad for Kendall and he is a stand up guy. It had to be hell worrying about playing center and then having to call the line calls both for the first time in a while.

Herm's not blaming Pete. Pete is blaming Pete. He's being accountable. Like Kevin Mawae and precious few other players on this team hold themselves accountable.

It's amazing how fast the tech's at the Jets site can update information when it comes to damage control:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/depthchart/

Prior to Mawae getting injured, Goodwin was #2 on the depth chart, not Kendall.

It's been common knowledge for a number of years that Goodwin was the backup center, not Kendall.

So it begs the question-

Why was the switch made at the last minute before a MNF game? Mismanagement?

It's amazing how fast the tech's at the Jets site can update information when it comes to damage control:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/depthchart/

Prior to Mawae getting injured, Goodwin was #2 on the depth chart, not Kendall.

It's been common knowledge for a number of years that Goodwin was the backup center, not Kendall.

So it begs the question-

Why was the switch made at the last minute before a MNF game? Mismanagement?

you guys love nit pickin everything , dont ya.

you guys love nit pickin everything , dont ya.

It's not nitpicking. This is an example of gross mismanagement. Is Herm responsible for his 53 man roster, or not? Who decides the depth chart? Was Goodwin arbitrarily designated the back-up center for 3 years for shts and giggles?

I guess Herm's strategy was "Mawae won't get hurt", huh.

It's pretty pathetic that Pete Kendall is given the job out of the blue a week before a MNF game.

What exactly has Godwin been doing for 4 years? Wasn't he Mawae's understudy?

Herm let's these guys sit around collecting a pay check and reading comic books, I guess.

And Woody (d!ck Pecker) Johnson is an even bigger jackoff because he tolerates and encourages it.

Let's be honest here...Woody Johnson has made Millions of others people mistakes..It's how he makes his money.

He's confused.He thinks because he uses Johnson & Johnson prodcuts he save money on injuries.

Archived