Sperm Edwards

Moderators
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Sperm Edwards last won the day on April 1

Sperm Edwards had the most liked content!

363,252 JN Hall Of Fame

1 Follower

About Sperm Edwards

• Birthday 10/21/1968

Contact Methods

• Email
    spermedwards@yahoo.com
  • Facebook
    http://www.jetnation.com

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

36,661 profile views
  1. Drafting Love cost them a championship, and they gave Rodgers a $50MM/year extension two years later ffs. I’d take a championship over the team’s next young QB 100x out of 100. A couple people here seem to think Love was the last QB worth drafting or acquiring to eventually succeed Rodgers. Will it still be smart in hindsight when we find out Love never wins or even reaches a Super Bowl himself?
  2. So… don’t use first rounders to win a title behind a unicorn all time great passer who’s still very much elite. Drafting bench players in round 1, who’ll sit for 3 years, are what brings in the titles. Then hopefully when Love is at his best, and the team is a player away, they can draft another QB with their first round pick and barely lose the championship game again.
  3. This should be for the vagiants. The truth is the only design leaked for the Jets, that didn't involve the Giants' owners, was for the WSS and it looked pretty sweet. Woody's not my favorite, but it surely was a take it or leave it offer with Mara/Tisch for this stadium that looks like it was a group effort designed by Carrier, Trane, and Lennox. All the architectural ideas that have come and gone in the past 20 years, and the two teams nearest the city with probably the highest concentration of high-paid architects combine to put forth the most boring, ugly stadium anyone's built in decades. Now about 15 years into its lifespan, MetLife stadium appears to be the NFL leader in: 1. Seating capacity 2. Square footage 3. Leaking freon
  4. Smart people do. They pissed away 2-3 years of serious contention from a QB whose ability they'll never duplicate again in 100 years, and only narrowly got bumped out of the playoffs in doing so. i.e. they were a player away, and used their 1st round pick on a 3-year backup QB. They thought Love would be starting within a year. If they'd known Rodgers was about to win the next two MVP awards and they came super-close to another title but fell short, they wouldn't have taken Love that year themselves: as it was, they extended Rodgers like two years after drafting Love.
  5. 1. Except they didn't nearly win the NFC Championship game because they never made it to the NFC Championship game. 2. They also were even closer to finishing the season with a losing record after nearly dropping a December game to the Giants. Also two more of their 9 wins came against division pushover Chicago plus another against the Cousins-less Vikings plus another against the Panthers. 3. The Packers gave up the 10th-fewest points in the NFL last year and they were 6-8 heading into a Christmas Eve game that finished their season with cake walks against the Panthers, Vikings, and Bears. 4. The Jets did make the AFC Championship game, with buttfumble bust Mark Sanchez. Twice. So much for that. 5. Their mistake was drafting Love in the first place way back in 2020 while Rodgers was still in NFL MVP form. It was so dumb no one repeated the mistake until Atlanta mindlessly did almost that this year (even that wasn't as bad, as Cousins isn't Rodgers). Fight me.
  6. Doesn't matter. The Jets have established themselves as the most elite franchise in terms of turning panic into poise for the young QBs they draft/acquire right out of school. We've totally got this.
  7. What's cringe from him - really showed on Hard Knocks - is f-bombs just sound wrong out of his mouth. Like this isn't how he typically talks, but he's adding in f-bombs so he seems more relatable to the (younger) players who have much bigger potty mouths. It may very well be how he talks all the time, but on camera it seemed very forced/unnatural. He didn't seem nearly as naturally vulgar with his choices of words as, say, Rex. It seemed as authentic as Dr. Evil doing the Macarena: "I'm with it. I'm hip. Tak-a-tak-a-tak-a-tak-a...." Also note the glaring similarities in hairstyles. I think I'm onto something here.
  8. @slats picked up on it before I did. I'm sure he's right.
  9. Did you obey the no flushing of TP rules?
  10. He makes me want to shave your head, too.
  11. In fairness, as much as I was no fan of his holdout and talk of yet another, the first holdout was on Tannenbaum right after drafting him. Though up to 6 years was permitted back then, no one had forced a non-QB (well after the top 5-10 picks) into a 6-year rookie deal until then - or after then - to the best of my recollection. Worst of all is to end the holdout, he got Revis to sign a less team-friendly deal than he'd have otherwise signed, as the extra 6th year ended up getting torn up, and the 4th and 5th years along with it because he structured it to have that 4th year salary way down at $1MM or something, more or less encouraging a holdout at that time. Holdout #2 was at least indirectly related to holdout #1, though it's possible it would've happened anyway. We'll never know for sure. Holdout #3 never happened. He talked about holding out that April iirc, but ultimately he couldn't because Tannenbaum put a major poison pill in there after the 2010 holdout. The poison pill would've automatically added 3 more seasons at just $5MM or something like that, turning Revis's 4-year redo deal from 2010 into a 7-year deal. Ended up tearing up his knee anyway, and then Tampa gave him a new contract after trading for him anyway. Anyway officially he held out twice, and one of the two was on Tannenbaum more than Revis.
  12. "I love being a part of the Jets. I love being here. And I wouldn’t trade it for the world.” “I would love to be a Jet for life… and finish my career here,” Adams said. “God willing, that’s definitely the plan…. That would be a dream come true. There’s not that many guys that have played this game who have stuck with one team. That would be an honor. I would love to.” - Jamal Adams | November, 2018 “Maybe it’s time to move on.” - Jamal Adams | June, 2020 (when he asked the team to trade him)
  13. That'd be great if it happens. Zach allegedly had an arm like that. BFD; we see what it's worth without the football instincts those other guys have. Plenty of rocket-armed prospects who were huge busts. I'm not counting on him as anything other than a QB3 for 2024 at this point.