2nd-team defense

Jetsfan80

What an impressive job by this unit. They got a goal-line stand against the Giant 1st-team offense sans Bradshaw (and, after his ejection, Jacobs), then shut down the NYG 2nd team offense the rest of the game. Last preseason, the 2nd team defense was a huge question mark, against these very Giants. This year? Much improved.

The depth on the D-Line and at some other key positions on D is really going to pay off for us at some point this season.

What an impressive job by this unit. They got a goal-line stand against the Giant 1st-team offense sans Bradshaw (and, after his ejection, Jacobs), then shut down the NYG 2nd team offense the rest of the game. Last preseason, the 2nd team defense was a huge question mark, against these very Giants. This year? Much improved.

The depth on the D-Line and at some other key positions on D is really going to pay off for us at some point this season.

That was the highlight of the game right there. Coughlin left the starters in to score and gain a little confidence before wrapping it up for the preseason. Instead, they walk off the field scoreless - stuffed by the Jets' second string. Jets' defense has to be feeling pretty good about itself, and Eli Manning has to be wondering if he really is a 25 int QB. :D

Agree with all of you. That 2nd unit was impressive after the first drive. Cutting some of those guys is going to be really tough. That's a very good thing, but still hate to lose either of those good young ILB'ers .

That was a position that I was concerned about the depth. Looks like a strong point now

Agree with all of you. That 2nd unit was impressive after the first drive. Cutting some of those guys is going to be really tough. That's a very good thing, but still hate to lose either of those good young ILB'ers .

That was a position that I was concerned about the depth. Looks like a strong point now

One of the biggest concerns last year was age and depth in the front 7. In one offseason, and with no big splashes in free agency, I think our problems are mostly fixed in that department. We got younger and deeper on the D-line and our depth looks pretty solid at LB, especially at ILB.

Eh. Maybe you guys are forgetting the way the Giants first team walked down to the goal on them. It was to be expected, but the Giants first teamers ripped off so long runs.

I'm not laughing at Maybin now. They used him to rush with the first team at the end of the half (strange circumstance, I know) If the Jets can find the space to keep him, he adds the speed rush everybody has been clamoring for. I'm not sure how much it will help, but it should help on those 3rd and 8+ yarders they botched. He is strictly a speed rusher and always goes outside, but that could help for the dealyed rush they always send - they could just send it inside him. They did that once or twice last night. I'll be interested to see him get extended time next(this) week.

Eh. Maybe you guys are forgetting the way the Giants first team walked down to the goal on them. It was to be expected, but the Giants first teamers ripped off so long runs.

They're supposed to against a 2nd-team defense. What I'm saying is their performance was a vast improvement over last year's preseason, when Victor Cruz had like 87 touchdowns against the 2nd teamers.

They're supposed to against a 2nd-team defense. What I'm saying is their performance was a vast improvement over last year's preseason, when Victor Cruz had like 87 touchdowns against the 2nd teamers.

I'm not complaining, just not tooting their horns for stopping the Giants 1s. Victor Cruz having a few circus catches bothers me less than some of what went on last night.

Archived