People predicting 0-5? That's crazy.

Blackout

I agree about Mason. He looked horrible and old. Dropped a perfect TD pass earlier.

Yeah, that play that was almost picked near the end was a disaster. Not only did we give them no reason to fear a deep ball there, but Mason isn't anything close to a deep threat. Jumping that was a no-brainer for any cornerback. Not to mention Sanchez staring him down.

Yeah, that play that was almost picked near the end was a disaster. Not only did we give them no reason to fear a deep ball there, but Mason isn't anything close to a deep threat. Jumping that was a no-brainer for any cornerback. Not to mention Sanchez staring him down.

That play was horrendous. But throwing like that when you're already in fg range was mind boggling. If that was an INT I think I might have shot myself in the face.

I think the JETS need to get McKnight or Powell involved in the game. Greene struggled as the #1 guy and LT maynot be able to carry the load of #1 throughout the season.

I disagree with the premise. Greene is not a speed or finesse guy, he's more of a power guy that hits the holes hard and punishes defenders, wears out dlines, and breaks a few long ones late in games. He's a guy you need to give at least 15 touches too in a game for him to be at his full effectiveness.

LT/McKnight are the more finesse, speed guys that can catch out of the backfield and are real home run threats in the open field. Greene is perfect for late in the season, when its cold, and we need to ground and pound.

LT and McKnight are built to play in a spread it out, quick hitter, west-coast offense type game like tonight.

I disagree with the premise. Greene is not a speed or finesse guy, he's more of a power guy that hits the holes hard and punishes defenders, wears out dlines, and breaks a few long ones late in games. He's a guy you need to give at least 15 touches too in a game for him to be at his full effectiveness.

LT/McKnight are the more finesse, speed guys that can catch out of the backfield and are real home run threats in the open field. Greene is perfect for late in the season, when its cold, and we need to ground and pound.

LT and McKnight are built to play in a spread it out, quick hitter, west-coast offense type game like tonight.

First of all LT is a finesse guy?

I think McKnight could be a 2nd half guy that gets past tired Dlines. We need to spread around touches a bit more. In his career Greene has been the guy who has benefited from being the #2 running back who is fresh enough in the 2nd half to break a few. But with him being the #1 not sure if he can take advantage of the Dline in the second half throughout the season.

LT is one of...no scratch that, LT is THE best running back ever. 30+ TD's may never be done again. You're acting like he's Brian Westbrook.

LT is one of...no scratch that, LT is THE best running back ever. 30+ TD's may never be done again. You're acting like he's Brian Westbrook.

At this point in his career he isnt. Hes not a guy that you can hand the ball to 18 times a game, nor can he beat up defenders the way Greene can.

Point being, if youre only going to hand off 12 times per game, and youre going to use you're RBs as receivers, LT and McKnight are going to be more effective. IF youre going to hand off 20 times a game or more, you want to give Greene the bulk of the workload, especially early.

Archived