I Heart Bart Scott

Klecko73isGod

I remember reading an offseason thread, where a Jets fan asked if Bart Scott could be replaced during the draft? By a rookie? Are you kidding me? Bart Scott is one of the best 3-4 IMLB's in today's game, and one of the true leader of our Jets defense.

The heart, guts, leadership ability, talent and overall toughness of Bart Scott can not be replaced. It's not only spot on, but it's true; he's what Rex Ryan would be as a football player.

Bart Scott may not put up 15 tackles per game, but then again, when watching Scott closely? You'll see a man who physically dominates the line of scrimmage. He's put up 12 tackles (11 being solo) with 2 sacks this season.

He's everything we could ask for out of a 3-4 MLB.

You know what. That's typical Kleckineau nitpicky BS.

Everybody gets beat once in a while. Hell, Bart said it himself, "ANYBODY CAN BE BEAT!"

Killing a guy over one play is just dumb.

I'm not sure how many times Bart Scott slipped off of Mendenhall, but it seemed like the defense as a unit couldn't handle him for almost the entire first half of that game. Its not exactly "nitpicky", because all those missed tackles we had cost us the game.

I'm not sure how many times Bart Scott slipped off of Mendenhall, but it seemed like the defense as a unit couldn't handle him for almost the entire first half of that game. Its not exactly "nitpicky", because all those missed tackles we had cost us the game.

That was only reason #2 the Jets lost the game.

Reason #1 is Schotty is a ******* moron, but that shouldn't surprise anyone.

That was only reason #2 the Jets lost the game.

Reason #1 is Schotty is a ******* moron, but that shouldn't surprise anyone.

We've won in spite of him before. Stopping the run is what we've ALWAYS done best in the Rex Ryan era, so failing so miserably at that even beats out Schotty's ineptitude.

We've won in spite of him before. Stopping the run is what we've ALWAYS done best in the Rex Ryan era, so failing so miserably at that even beats out Schotty's ineptitude.

I would actually normally agree with this, but I feel like that fact gets superseded under the circumstances, considering the Jets lost by 5 in a game in which their OC handed the opposition 7.

I would actually normally agree with this, but I feel like that fact gets superseded under the circumstances, considering the Jets lost by 5 in a game in which their OC handed the opposition 7.

Oh believe me, I think Schottenheimer deserves a huge chunk of the blame for that game.

You know what. That's typical Kleckineau nitpicky BS.

Everybody gets beat once in a while. Hell, Bart said it himself, "ANYBODY CAN BE BEAT!"

Killing a guy over one play is just dumb.

Guy screamed "cant wait" all week then couldnt tackle his grandmother in a phonebooth.(along with other Jet lbs)

Sh!t, Mendenhall had about a buckfifty by halftime and you claim nitpicking?

You sir are stretching your cred.

Oh believe me, I think Schottenheimer deserves a huge chunk of the blame for that game.

For me it's like the debate surrounding the 2004 playoff game against the Steelers, who was to blame of Herm/Chad/Brien. One (Brien and the run D) is the easiest to blame for the obvious and uncharacteristic failures in that given game, while the others (Chad/Herm and Schotty) were just adding one more item onto their long list of pathetic failures throughout their Jets career. The only real difference is that in this most recent case, the guy responsible for the margin of victory for the opposition and the guy who's repeatedly failed for the Jets throughout his career is one in the same.

I really don't think any of us have any "cred."

Credibility?

I dont claim any either but I'm not writing any articles about how "I ♥ Bart Scott" .

And I DO really like Bart Scott. He is a huge part of the NYJ defense.

FWIW, It wasnt right to call me a nitpicker and dumb because I pointed out how Scott had vaseline hands in the AFCCG.

Credibility?

I dont claim any either but I'm not writing any articles about how "I ♥ Bart Scott" .

And I DO really like Bart Scott. He is a huge part of the NYJ defense.

FWIW, It wasnt right to call me a nitpicker and dumb because I pointed out how Scott had vaseline hands in the AFCCG.

I didn't call you dumb personally.

Archived