Just a gut feeling here.

redman81

I just have a feeling that later in the year this guy is going to become a presence for us. Mason doesn't seem to have any big play ability so far(as in making a guy miss or breaking a tackle for more yardage). I think that later in the year Kerley may take more time from Mason and can be a key target for Sanchez as teams will look to take away Holmes and Plax or Keller. Could just be wishful thinking, but I believe he will help us out later in the year and into playoff push. Any thoughts?

Hey I agree on Kerley. Mason is slow, done and a zero threat to stretch the field. I hate having basically what is a possession WR playing that slot position. Especially when they're not even trying to stretch the field outside with Plex/Holmes or Keller inside. If they had that type of offense (with a down the field attack) someone like Mason would/could be useful finding open space underneath. But they don't...

I've loved Kerley since his TCU days. This kid is a special threat. If you were to ask me, there's a good chance that Kerley breaks onto the offensive scenes, in the same types of ways that Leon broke onto the scene back in 2006.

Give it some time, but as of right now, Mason has 10 catches, 71 yards and 5 first down receptions. Mason was also very good for us last week, putting up 6 receptions for 45 yards, but I do agree... Kerley will have his chance to shine later on, but as of right now? Mason has to be the go-to man coming out of the slot.

I've loved Kerley since his TCU days. This kid is a special threat. If you were to ask me, there's a good chance that Kerley breaks onto the offensive scenes, in the same types of ways that Leon broke onto the scene back in 2006.

Give it some time, but as of right now, Mason has 10 catches, 71 yards and 5 first down receptions. Mason was also very good for us last week, putting up 6 receptions for 45 yards, but I do agree... Kerley will have his chance to shine later on, but as of right now? Mason has to be the go-to man coming out of the slot.

I agree right now Mason is kind of the secure/safe guy to help pick up first downs here and there. But, I just feel at some point later in the year we are going to need more big plays to go along with the first downs. And that's where Kerley I think will come in. Maybe play like a Jordy Nelson role for us if we can be in position for a playoff push.

I agree right now Mason is kind of the secure/safe guy to help pick up first downs here and there. But, I just feel at some point later in the year we are going to need more big plays to go along with the first downs. And that's where Kerley I think will come in. Maybe play like a Jordy Nelson role for us if we can be in position for a playoff push.

Speaking of needing big plays down the road... you are exactly right. During the stretch run, and in the conference playoffs; all the teams are competent (especially during the playoffs). Teams need an offense that can score to move on to the next game. Not only do the Jets have to shore up the D, but have to have a more competent O. That is, if this team can even make the playoffs this season.

I read or heard somewhere that the Jets wanted Denarius Moore in that round. Too bad because he feels like a really good ballplayer. Kerley looks ok but Denarius looks to be special. Not unlike Leon in 2006.

Rex said that in one of his recent interviews.

Mason just had his best game as a Jet. He's still working his way in, rather than out. I suspect as he and Sanchez get more comfortable with each other that he will be a reliable chain mover - and thus a guy who takes away some attention from Plax and Holmes on the outside. Plax is another guy still working his way in, and I think he'll be a even more of a big play threat once he does - freeing up Holmes a lot. The top three WR's here are pretty good. It's just a matter of everyone getting on the same page.

I like Kerley enough, but I had higher hopes for Cumberland to become an impact player as the season wore on. I also think it might be more important for McKnight or Powell to break thru in the RB rotation, than it is for Kerley to break into the WR rotation. LT got tired last year, and probably will again. And Greene ain't doing it for me.

Archived