Patriots Week?

JiFtheOracle

I'm pumped about this Jets-Patriots game. We have a defense, that has proven time and time again... That we can contain Tom Brady. In 2009 Brady had a QB ratings of 53.1 and 98.6 against us. Only threw for 1 TD and 1 INT against us. We split with NE. Last year, we went 2-1 against these guys. Brady had QB ratings of 72.5, 148.8 and 89.0 against us. Throwing for 8 TD's/3 INT's. But we went 2-1. Over the past two years, he's had two really bad games, two very good games, and an average one.

I like our chances against this Patriots offense come Sunday. Why? Because Chad Johnson isn't Randy Moss, and NE not having Aaron Hernandez is a huge advantage for our Jets defense. Only two players really scare me on this NE offense. Gronkowski and Welker. Now, we pretty much shut Gronkowski down during 3 games last season. Gronk only put up 6 catches for 91 yards and 0 TD's against us last year. That's an average of only 2 catches, 30 yards and 0.00 TD's per game. Keep in mind, that was with the Jets defense also having to worry and focus on Aaron Hernandez, who had success against us for 10 receptions, 152 yards and 1 TD during 3 games.

I say we put Revis on Welker. Cromartie on Branch and focus on shutting down Gronkowski. If we can shut down Welker, I really like our chances of watching Brady have an awful game against our defense. Sure, guys such as Green-Ellis and Woodhead can perform coming out of the backfield, but I'm not worried about those guys "beating" us.

With all that said... Woodhead is also listed as being questionable for the Jets game, on top of that? He's pretty much done nothing for NE this season. Just say Gronk and Woodhead aren't playing against the Jets... That alone gives Rex Ryan and our defense a huge advantage. Two less weapons for Brady to work with. With limited offensive weapons, if our pass rush, with the help of a re-vamped defensive line can pressure Brady... I love our chances. Bryan Thomas is gone, but Maybin has a motor, as a pass rusher, that's nice to see.

On the offensive side of the ball? With a possible Nick Mangold return? I love our chances of seeing the Jets offense perform, as we know they can perform. This could end up becoming the perfect matchup in terms of our offense being able to 'right the ship'. The Patriots being without Mayo at IMLB will hurt an already awful defense. That's like the Jets being without either Bart Scott or David Harris. Mayo has been a great MLB for NE over the years.

Sanchez has also had plenty of success against this NE defense over the past two years. Yes, he's had two aful games, but he's also had 3 games where he's played LIGHTS OUT against NE. QB ratings of 101.1, 124.3 and 127.3. Throwing for 6 TD's/0 INT's and 577 yards during 3 of those games.

If Nick Mangold can return, I love our chances of an UPSET on the road in NE. I'm not counting this Jets team out, all because of two road loses against the Raiders and Ravens without Nick Mangold. I've seen too much success out of this Jets team over the past two years, to count them out, all because of two bad games.

On thing is for sure, this Jets team has heart. We're not about to roll over for an AFC East rival.

Its OK.

The Jets cant stop the run, run the ball or pass over 5 yards. The Jets should punt on 1st down.

What a troll you are. I would say go post on a Patriots message board, but then again, I wouldn't be shocked if your own fan base wants nothing to do with you. You give Patriot fans a bad name. Nothing personal, but as a poster, I've seen little (to no) insight in regards to you being a football fan. The only thing I've seen you do? Is troll our fan base. Congrats to you; for being a troll.

You say the Jets can't stop the run. What's the say about your Patriots run defense? We've averaged 4.2 yards per carry against. The Patriots? 4.8.

I'll be the first to admit, our run defense hasn't been as good as it's been over the past two years, but then again... It's only been 4 weeks into the season. One thing is for sure, our pass defense ranks #1 in the league and the Patriots? They're a pass first offensive attack. None of us are fearful of the Patriots beating us with "the run". It's just a good feeling, knowing that we have the best pass defense in the league (just like 2009).

The Patriots being without both Woodhead and Hernandez? That's not good for the Patriots offense. That's two less offensive weapons that Brady has to work with.

On a side note, please, don't talk about our defense, when we rank 8th in yards per game. 310 yards allowed per game. Instead? You should worry about your own laughing stock defense. The Patriots? Dead freaking last. 477.7 yards allowed per game. That's the worst during a 4 week span, since the NFL merger. Horrid-Awful. Oh yeah, that was without your best defensive player in Mayo.

You also say that the Jets "can't pass the ball for more than 5 yards per play", that's funny, considering the fact that we average 6.8 yards per pass attempt and Sanchez has averaged 12.4 yards per completion.

You're just a little-little troll, who trolls a message board, just to try and get under the skin of a fan base, a fan base who hasn't won anything since 1969. Real stand up guy you are.

Any chance that Hernandez is out for the game?

I'd say chances are slim to none that he's able to play. He hasn't played a game in two weeks, and last week, he wasn't listed as being

doubtful, probable or even questionable; he was listed as being "OUT".

Earlier Wednesday, coach Bill Belichick was asked about Hernandez, saying he didn't know if the tight end had a chance to play Sunday against the Jets. "We'll see how it goes today, and based on how it goes today, we'll make a determination here tomorrow," Belichick said. Come to find out?

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Injured tight end Aaron Hernandez was among those not spotted at the start of New England Patriots practice Wednesday, which reflects he is not yet 100 percent and his status for Sunday's game remains in question.

I wouldn't expect Hernandez to play.

What a troll you are. I would say go post on a Patriots message board, but then again, I wouldn't be shocked if your own fan base wants nothing to do with you. You give Patriot fans a bad name. Nothing personal, but as a poster, I've seen little (to no) insight in regards to you being a football fan. The only thing I've seen you do? Is troll our fan base. Congrats to you; for being a troll.

You say the Jets can't stop the run. What's the say about your Patriots run defense? We've averaged 4.2 yards per carry against. The Patriots? 4.8.

I'll be the first to admit, our run defense hasn't been as good as it's been over the past two years, but then again... It's only been 4 weeks into the season. One thing is for sure, our pass defense ranks #1 in the league and the Patriots? They're a pass first offensive attack. None of us are fearful of the Patriots beating us with "the run". It's just a good feeling, knowing that we have the best pass defense in the league (just like 2009).

The Patriots being without both Woodhead and Hernandez? That's not good for the Patriots offense. That's two less offensive weapons that Brady has to work with.

On a side note, please, don't talk about our defense, when we rank 8th in yards per game. 310 yards allowed per game. Instead? You should worry about your own laughing stock defense. The Patriots? Dead freaking last. 477.7 yards allowed per game. That's the worst during a 4 week span, since the NFL merger. Horrid-Awful. Oh yeah, that was without your best defensive player in Mayo.

You also say that the Jets "can't pass the ball for more than 5 yards per play", that's funny, considering the fact that we average 6.8 yards per pass attempt and Sanchez has averaged 12.4 yards per completion.

You're just a little-little troll, who trolls a message board, just to try and get under the skin of a fan base, a fan base who hasn't won anything since 1969. Real stand up guy you are.

Get your stats straight DWC.

“At the moment, Sanchez’s game is full of holes: He hasn’t been very good at anything, except maybe targeting his tight ends, and he has been very bad at several important things. He’s been terrible on first down (QBR: a hard-to-believe 6.3), often leaving the Jets in a deep hole on second down, when his passer rating (94.6) looks great but his QBR (33.3) reveals that he’s not converting long-yardage situations. He’s been particularly ineffective when trying to throw long (just 3-of-10 with a QBR of 8.4 on attempts of 21 or more yards). And he’s disturbingly vulnerable to blitzes (QBR of 11.8 versus five or more pass-rushers) and in danger of downright decapitation when opponents rush a DB (QBR of 0.0 — no, seriously — with five sacks and an interception). The Ravens, a team you can count on to notice that kind of stuff, sent secondary pressure on 13 of Sanchez’s 38 dropbacks (34 percent), forcing four overthrows, five further incompletions and two turnovers.”

http://www.patsfans.com/ian/blog/2011/10/05/keating-jets-sanchezs-game-full-of-holes/

The Jets have thrown the ball almost 60% of their offensive plays this season, but thats about to change because Sanchex aint getting done. Go sell your spin to somebody else.

You know, playing the Pats, and their horrific defense is just what the Dr Ordered

32nd ranked defenses without their best player is a QB'a dream

Exactly. No team in NFL history, since the NFL merger... Has ever allowed 477.7 yards per game during a 4 week span. There have been plenty of awful NFL D's over the years, but none have been as horrible as this Patriots defense. What happened to Belichick being a "defensive guru"? He never was. He was only blessed with all-pro's and future HOF defensive players early on in NE. You know, players who Parcells drafted. They've allowed 1,910 yards after only 4 weeks? That's what you consider a laughing stock defense.

Now they're without Mayo? Too funny.

Very true.

All the Jets need is a QB.

Our QB is 3-2 against your Patriots since being drafted into this league. 16/25, 194 yards, 64.0 completion %, 3 TD's/0 INT's with a QB rating of 127.3 last time we played the Patriots. Eliminated you all from the playoffs, and Sanchez had an outstanding game. 28-21 Jets.

During week two of last year? 21/30, 220 yards, completion % of 70%, 3 TD's/0 INT's with a QB rating of 124.3. 28-14 Jets.

Week two of his rookie season back in 2009? 12/22, 163 yards, 63.6 completion %, 1 TD/0 INT's, QB rating of 101.1. 16-9 Jets.

Yup... The Jets "don't have" a QB... Too bad NE doesn't have a defense.

Our QB is 3-2 against your Patriots since being drafted into this league. 16/25, 194 yards, 64.0 completion %, 3 TD's/0 INT's with a QB rating of 127.3 last time we played the Patriots. Eliminated you all from the playoffs, and Sanchez had an outstanding game. 28-21 Jets.

During week two of last year? 21/30, 220 yards, completion % of 70%, 3 TD's/0 INT's with a QB rating of 124.3. 28-14 Jets.

Week two of his rookie season back in 2009? 12/22, 163 yards, 63.6 completion %, 1 TD/0 INT's, QB rating of 101.1. 16-9 Jets.

Yup... The Jets "don't have" a QB... Too bad NE doesn't have a defense.

Just keep believing that defense and the running game werent the reason for Sachez's success and youll be fine.

NE doesnt need a defense vs the Chaz Bono of NFL QBs this week.

Jeez, this smack talk is awful.

It's anyone's game. Anyone that tells you otherwise is a fool.

Sanchez 'aint all that, but against the Pats passing D he'll be all that and a bag of chips. That's for certain. Pats win if 1) he committs mistakes and 2) if your playcalling leaves people scratching their heads. For example, if Rex and Co stay true to their word and do indeed "pound and ground" it could possibly be the dumbest strategy of the season. Since the Pats safeties suck, the middle lb is slow and the corners stink - um....THROW. Short, intermediate, long...whatever. Keller could be HUGE in this game. It's not like the Jets have to worry about a Patriots pass rush.

The Patriots will actually have to play a balanced game. Run effectively and pass effectively. personally, I would try to screen the bejesus out of the Jets, but that's just me. Patriots don't utilize the screen play the way they should as far as I am concerned.

I think the Pats' offense will NOT churn as it has thus far this season. The Jets defense will be the best defense they will face so far this season. The Jets strength? Pass D. The Pats strength? Pass O. The wild card here is Hernandez. He needs to play....but with a bye week looming, I just don't see it. May as well get him completely healthy for the long run.

The Patriots will actually have to play a balanced game. Run effectively and pass effectively. personally, I would try to screen the bejesus out of the Jets, but that's just me. Patriots don't utilize the screen play the way they should as far as I am concerned.

Spin F-ing City

Translation: Pats offense will shred crappy Jets defense. Jets got lucky last year. 38-10 Pats

Spin F-ing City

Translation: Pats offense will shred crappy Jets defense. Jets got lucky last year. 38-10 Pats

Spin? Your cycle must be stuck on rinse because your theory is leaky at best. :)

There is nothing that I wrote that is not true. Great Pass D versus Great Pass O. D usually wins. Strategy will be paramount.

This should be a really good game. The teams match up well against each other. The way I look at it you've got two wild cards in this game:

1-Tom Brady, he is a great QB, and he has not forgotten last year's playoff loss. He could come out on fire, or he could fall into a shell after getting frustrated.

2- And I hate to sound like a broken record here, but Offensive Playcalling. Schotty or Rex have the ability to scheme us right out of this game.

Either way, I hope Tom plays well, and our coaches don't overthink the game. If those two things happen, it will be a very, very fun football game to watch.

I did hear that the Ape was complaining about me. That's soooo manly.

I dont think he was complaining, just pointing out how you have different standards. You're special.

Either way, I hope Tom plays well,

Wha wha what? You hope Tom plays well? I hope Mo Wilk breaks his neck!!!

Exactly. No team in NFL history, since the NFL merger... Has ever allowed 477.7 yards per game during a 4 week span. There have been plenty of awful NFL D's over the years, but none have been as horrible as this Patriots defense. What happened to Belichick being a "defensive guru"? He never was. He was only blessed with all-pro's and future HOF defensive players early on in NE. You know, players who Parcells drafted. They've allowed 1,910 yards after only 4 weeks? That's what you consider a laughing stock defense.

Now they're without Mayo? Too funny.

No QB in the NFL history turns the ball over like Sanchez. He set a record Sunday night.

Good thing hes going back to "Game Manager" handing the ball off.

Archived