Ryan/Jets Defense vs Brady

Steveg

In the five games Brady has quarterbacked against the Ryan-coached Jets, he’s gone 2-3, throwing nine TDs and four interceptions while being sacked 11 times. He’s completed just 61 percent of his passes, with an 89.2 passer rating. For comparison, that’s pretty much a match with Campbell’s current passer rating after four games with Oakland.

We can only hope this continues...

Good post. I can't stop stressing it enough, if the Patriots are without both Aaron Hernandez and Danny Woodhead... That would make for two offensive weapons that Brady would have to work without. Those two guys are huge parts of this NE offensive passing attack, not having both, will without question; limit this Patriots attack.

During the games we've beat Brady and the Patriots over the past two years, Brady has only gone for...

23/47, 216 yards, 48.9%, 0 TD's/1 INT; QB rating of 53.1. Jets won 16-9.

20/36, 248 yards, 55.6%, 2 TD's/2 INT's; QB rating of 72.5. Jets won 28-14.

29/45, 299 yards, 64.4%, 2 TD's/1 INT; QB rating of 89.0. Jets won 28-21.

That's an average of 24/42, 254 yards, 56.3%, 1.3 TD's/1 INT and an average QB rating of 71.5 per game. Average of only 14.6 points per game.

There is no doubt about it, we've had our way against Brady over the past two seasons. There is no question about it; because of our #1 ranked pass defense... we stand a chance come Sunday.

If Brady is without both Hernandez and Woodhead... He'll be in trouble, especially if Revis locks down on Welker. That leaves Brady with Branch, who only has 1 catch over the past two weeks. Chad Johnson, who only has 7 catches through 4 weeks and Gronkowski who we shut down last year during 3 games; he did nothing against us. Without Hernandez and Woodhead, we can lock down Welker with Revis, contain Gronkhead down the middle of the field, and chances are... Branch and Johnson aren't beating this Jets defense.

Hernandez practiced in full pads today, he is playing. Hernandez and Gronk are going to be a nightmare to cover; we just better hope we can tackle come sunday or it's gonna be another blowout. We lost game two of last year due to a bunch of mental errors and the inability to tackle, forcing us to play from behind, which played right into their hands of having Sanchez try to win the game. We cannot play well from behind by multiple scores, it destroys our gameplan and we all have seen Schotty's inability to recreate on-the-go. I will say this, when everything goes our way Schotty can call a good game, it's just that when he's thrown off of it, he looks like a deer in the head lights.

It's like Tyson used to say, Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the jaw...same thing here applies, Schotty needs to learn how to think on the fly.

Good post. I can't stop stressing it enough, if the Patriots are without both Aaron Hernandez and Danny Woodhead... That would make for two offensive weapons that Brady would have to work without. Those two guys are huge parts of this NE offensive passing attack, not having both, will without question; limit this Patriots attack.

During the games we've beat Brady and the Patriots over the past two years, Brady has only gone for...

23/47, 216 yards, 48.9%, 0 TD's/1 INT; QB rating of 53.1. Jets won 16-9.

20/36, 248 yards, 55.6%, 2 TD's/2 INT's; QB rating of 72.5. Jets won 28-14.

29/45, 299 yards, 64.4%, 2 TD's/1 INT; QB rating of 89.0. Jets won 28-21.

That's an average of 24/42, 254 yards, 56.3%, 1.3 TD's/1 INT and an average QB rating of 71.5 per game. Average of only 14.6 points per game.

There is no doubt about it, we've had our way against Brady over the past two seasons. There is no question about it; because of our #1 ranked pass defense... we stand a chance come Sunday.

If Brady is without both Hernandez and Woodhead... He'll be in trouble, especially if Revis locks down on Welker. That leaves Brady with Branch, who only has 1 catch over the past two weeks. Chad Johnson, who only has 7 catches through 4 weeks and Gronkowski who we shut down last year during 3 games; he did nothing against us. Without Hernandez and Woodhead, we can lock down Welker with Revis, contain Gronkhead down the middle of the field, and chances are... Branch and Johnson aren't beating this Jets defense.

I think we're going to see Revis on Branch and Cro on OchoCinco. The couple of times Branch broke free in the playoff games, Revis wasnt on him. Revis takes him out of the game, period. Cro shuts down OchoCinco just like he did last season when the Jets played the Bengals and Revis covered TO. And I think you'll see Kyle Wilson on Welker. I'm sure we give a bunch of different looks, but thats my call...they are going to take away the outside and clog up the middle and hit everyone that goes to the middle of the field.

I'd imagine we'll actually role coverage to Welker. Whether its a safety or its a LB'er, I highly doubt that Welker see any looks where 2 players arent accounting for him. If you take him out of the game and put pressure on Brady...you can shut the Pats down. The Jets have the D to do so. Probably, I hate to say it, a lot of Eric Smith on Gronk, maybe some Strickland too.

The Jets will dare the Pats to run the ball. I suspect, especially with Thomas out, Eric Smith will get a lot of looks as a LB in coverage. The Jets are going to be very physical with this finesse offense.

This is going to be a game. I truly believe that. Just dont know if we can trust this OL.

Hernandez practiced in full pads today, he is playing.

Don't be so sure of that.

He was held out of practice yesterday, and held out of practice for a reason. He's not ready as of right now. Yes, he may have practiced today, but always keep in mind, he was very limited in practice. Key words being 'very limited'.

Don't be so sure of that.

He was held out of practice yesterday, and held out of practice for a reason. He's not ready as of right now. Yes, he may have practiced today, but always keep in mind, he was very limited in practice. Key words being 'very limited'.

I would have to imagine that he was held out of wed's practice to give him an additional day before the actual padded practice. He's got the brace on and most likely won't be 100%, but if he's ready to play he's going to be dangerous. Gronk and hernandez exploit our biggest weakness and it'll be interesting to see how we handle them.

The Jets spend every season trying to matchup with the Pats. It's not easy, but they do. They are not able to deal with dominant defenses with this poor QB/Oline play, but they should be able to move the ball against the Pats. Let us pray. I feel a little more confident that they will be ready for the Pats than the Ravens, but it's a chess match and Belichick is no novice.

Archived