adopt a team

Larz

You realize all four of those possibilities were impossible right?

Yes, Ryan and McFadden were off the board when we selected at #8 overall (ugh, Gholston), but Nelson and Forte were on the board when we selected at #30 or if we had stayed in our original pick (#36) in the second and not moved up for Keller.

The point I tried to make...the Lions sucked so bad they earned three straight years of #1 or #2 overall picks. Yet, they made the right decisions when they had them plus some solid decision in the later rounds to build what I consider a young, powerhouse of a team. I know the jury is still out and a lot rests on the health of Stafford but this team has legs and can only get better moving forward.

Matt Ryan and McFadden were drafted before our pick in the first round and we had no second round pick that year.

We did have a second...we used it to nab Keller at #30. Hindisght, I like Forte and Nelson...go figure...love me some hindsight.

Again, wasn't saying Tanny should have known better just saying the Lions used their picks wisely lately and their beginning to reap the benefits.

Matt Ryan and McFadden were drafted before our pick in the first round and we had no second round pick that year.

They didn't want a 2nd round pick to move up that high anyway. They wanted our #6 overall and also our first round pick the next year. We told them to stick it.

Choice #1: Matt Ryan + use of our 2009 2nd round pick (+ the 3 players we shipped to Cleveland)

Choice #2: Vernon Gholston + Mark Sanchez + 1 year of Brett Favre

We opted for choice #2.

On the flip side the pro QB Ryan was compared to, as much as any other, was Chad Pennington (pre-shoulder surgeries).

They didn't want a 2nd round pick to move up that high anyway. They wanted our #6 overall and also our first round pick the next year. We told them to stick it.

Choice #1: Matt Ryan + use of our 2009 2nd round pick (+ the 3 players we shipped to Cleveland)

Choice #2: Vernon Gholston + Mark Sanchez + 1 year of Brett Favre

We opted for choice #2.

On the flip side the pro QB Ryan was compared to, as much as any other, was Chad Pennington (pre-shoulder surgeries).

I'll tell you who else I'd compare to Pennington pre shoulder surgery is the kid we got in the 7th round this year

Archived