Did we extend Schotty into 2012?

Integrity28

anyone who reads anything into this about schotty's job security beyond this season has a screw loose

Pretty much. I'd be one thing if he had gotten a multi-year extension, but he didn't. Clearly the Jets went into last offseason knowing they weren't going to part ways with him then, so as opposed to letting him enter the last year of his contract as a lame duck, they give him a one-year extension and give themselves the opportunity to reassess things this offseason with him still under contract. What they did won't influence things one way or the other.

Agreed. However I don't see how the offense's performance this year hasn't solidified his fate. Unless the Jets go deep in the playoffs, I don't see how they keep him next year.

The defense has regressed, but they've gone from excellent to so-so. The offense has gone from mediocre to horrendous. We can blame Sanchez, and he certainly deserves some blame, but the organization will give up on Schottenheimer before giving up on him.

I would agree with this if not for the fact that many have been saying that very same thing for years, and yet obviously the team did not agree. There's no reason to assume the Jets higher-ups are unhappy with Schotty at this point, regardless of what has gone on this season. That said, if the Jets do miss the playoffs, he's likely high up on the potential chopping block.

I don't think calling my friend an idiot was necessary. I'm assuming he misread a headline. He doesn't waste his time toiling over every little detail, of every little bit of Jets news the way some of us do... he just said he saw it somewhere, and I was asking here to find out what he was talking about.

Truth, after all he is your friend the rest would be assumed.

Archived