Could we talk Free Agents?

BornJetsFan1983

Peyton-Hillis.jpg

First Shotty is gone, damn that makes me happy just typing it.

We need to end the BS, if we are going to be the Ground and Pound monsters that Rex wants, We need a Beast that want to hit people and run them over, Peyton Hillis is that man.

He gets us into a Sanchez comfort zone, you know where he donest throw over 50 milion times a game and the score is close so if we need it, Sanchez can deleiver one of thi slast minute drives for the winning TD.

Seriously Hillis is a beast, a kind of Im going to beat the crap out of the other team by running right over 'em. Green only plays good when other teams are tired from playin ghard all season and when no one is around to tackle. LT can't make up for his lack of effort and talent next year.

Sign Hillis.

I know we have some Jet nation guru's here, whats it going take to get em, $/draft pick wise? Can we get his cheap?

Personally, I believe in Rex's philosophy. I want a Hillis-Greene tandem to bust people in the chops throughout the game. Then I can see the passing game opening up like it usually does for us whenever we successfully run the ball. However, Hillis' true colors came out last season. Prior to this past season, he was more of the blue-collar type guys in this league. The one that busts his a$$ until he gets playing time and doesn't usually complain about his contract. He was acting like a true little girl this past season, and I don't know how much money he's looking for. If the price is right, then I'm in. If not, I think we should go after Michael Bush (Oak) who I think will be a little cheaper.

I think we need to get Bush or Hillis.

Bruising RT.

Blocking tight end.

WR in the draft.

Peyton-Hillis.jpg

First Shotty is gone, damn that makes me happy just typing it.

We need to end the BS, if we are going to be the Ground and Pound monsters that Rex wants, We need a Beast that want to hit people and run them over, Peyton Hillis is that man.

He gets us into a Sanchez comfort zone, you know where he donest throw over 50 milion times a game and the score is close so if we need it, Sanchez can deleiver one of thi slast minute drives for the winning TD.

Seriously Hillis is a beast, a kind of Im going to beat the crap out of the other team by running right over 'em. Green only plays good when other teams are tired from playin ghard all season and when no one is around to tackle. LT can't make up for his lack of effort and talent next year.

Sign Hillis.

I know we have some Jet nation guru's here, whats it going take to get em, $/draft pick wise? Can we get his cheap?

Oh please no on this guy, the Jets already have a bruiser, in Greene we need a break away speed back who can find a whole hit the whole and take it to the house, Greene missed at least 10 opportunities to take it to the house this year, but his obsession for looking for contact, and lack of breakaway speed prevented this, and Hillis would just be the same, maybe more productive then Greene, but not enough to trade Greenes under 1 million contract for a guy who will get 5 mill plus.

Oh please no on this guy, the Jets already have a bruiser, in Greene we need a break away speed back who can find a whole hit the whole and take it to the house, Greene missed at least 10 opportunities to take it to the house this year, but his obsession for looking for contact, and lack of breakaway speed prevented this, and Hillis would just be the same, maybe more productive then Greene, but not enough to trade Greenes under 1 million contract for a guy who will get 5 mill plus.

Greene isn't a bruiser. He's just big. Hillis would just take split the carries with Greene and LT can be used more in the passing game as a safety valve. Just to knock him, if Sanchez was ANY good at being a QB (and the RB situation had less questio marks) that's exactly how LT would have been used. He did not even get 100 carries this season and he only scored one rushing TD. OTOH he caught two TDs and had 42 receptions (to 75 rushes). Tomlinson has always been a factor in the passing game, and it's going to help him get whatever years he has left in the NFL...

I cant disagree more, Hillis would be much more effective in Green in White, our line is far better and Hillis, unlike Greene is an actually bruiser. I watched Hillis play and he is just unrelenting. I think he would be great for us, I think we could eventually dump green. Those 10 opps green missed Hillis would get.

I think him playing helps everyone, most of all Sanchez and worth the $$. I dont know how a contract would work but i think performance based like LT's would be good.

If we get Hillis, LT will not comeback. McKnight needs to get playing time next season. We need speed and he has it.

I thought LT was already done? McKnight will see his plays next year, but I rather him become the LT passing threat and Hillis be the feature back.Green can go to Cleveland with Smith

Archived