Bengals may land BOTH Sharper's

Jetsfan80

Texans | Sharper Asking for Release - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:00:49 -0800

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports Houston Texans LB Jamie Sharper and his agent, Tony Agnone, are looking into getting a release from the team if a trade cannot be worked out with another franchise. As previously reported, Sharper has been granted permission to seek a trade by the Texans.

Bengals | Sharper Intrigued With Team - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:20:22 -0800

Updating a previous report, according to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com, Houston Texans LB Jamie Sharper would be interested in joining the Cincinnati Bengals if a trade can be ironed out between the two franchises. Sharper, who has been granted permission to seek a trade by Houston, played under Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis when Lewis was a defensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens. "Jamie would love to be able to sit down and talk with Marvin, but he can't and we can't," said Sharper's agent, Tony Agnone. "We've been given permission to seek a trade, but not permission to talk."

The other Sharper, Darren, heading to Cincy is more or less a rumor from Bengals fans. Word is that they may bring him in purely to help groom Madieu Williams and whoever they bring in as their starting SS (Thomas Davis?).

I like what Marvin Lewis is doing. With Sharper, the Bengals would now have (as GJ & H loves to call it) a true ''Super Unit'' at LB. Sharper, Brian Simmons, Nate Webster, and precocious youngster Landon Johnson would be interchangable, moving into and out of the lineup. The Bengals could also throw some 3-4 at offenses, though their base set would remain the 4-3. As for signing Darren Sharper, they have the right idea. Sign him CHEAP, not to start, but to help develop a young safety tandem.

Boy am I glad we played the Bengals LAST year and not this year. They are going to be one dangerous team, explosive on both sides of the ball, if everything works out as Lewis sees fit.

Ya heard it here, first. The AFC North = toughest division in football next year.

You're right about that. I have Cincy winning 10 or 11 games and only getting the WC with Pitt winnin 11 or 12 and Baltimore winning 9 or 10. The Browns? Hell, with Crennell, they could manage 7 wins themselves.

Damn, Jamie Sharper eh? Now that's a LB I would love to see wearing a Patriots uniform. He's been a monster in the Texans 3-4 defense. I can't see us trading for him though. :x

I said the exact same thing in another thread today Husker.

Jamie Sharper is the real deal.

He would look great in a Pats uni.

I said the exact same thing in another thread today Husker.

Jamie Sharper is the real deal.

He would look great in a Pats uni.

Actually now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind having both of their starting ILBs. Jamie Sharper and Jay Foreman. Both have been tackling machines since joining the Texans.

More Bengals news:

Bengals | E. Johnson Scheduled to Visit - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 10 Mar 2005

Bengals.com reports free agent DL Ellis Johnson (Broncos) was scheduled to visit the Cincinnati Bengals Thursday, March 10.

This would also be a decent find for Marvin. Although I would be wary of signing a player away from a team that cast him away despite being short on meat on the DL.

Archived