my ideal draft

Greenseed4

I see the Browns as being an ideal trading partner given their team needs, trading history with us, and number of picks in the middle rounds. That being said, it is highly expected that they take Trent Richardson with the #4 overall pick, but they desperately need a pass-rusher opposite last years Jabaal Sheard selection in the second round.

Here's how I hope things pan out:

Quentin Coples falls to #16. Hoping to grab him in front of the Bengals, Chargers, Bears, and Titans, the Browns move up from #22; trading away a 4th round pick, and swap their 2nd with ours (37 for 47), resulting in the following:

Jets Draft:

#22: FS Mark Barron. We opt to pass on him at 16, hoping he slides to our pick at 22, and we get lucky.

#37: OLB Ronnell Lewis. We've met with him, he's a fire-cracker with excellent pass rushing skills, and provides an instant boost to our special teams unit. While he'll only see defensive time on 3rd downs supplanting his run-stopping superior in Bryan Thomas; pairing him with Aaron Maybin gives us TWO excellent pass-rushers to get our 3-and-outs.

#77: OG/OT Brandon Brooks. The 6'5, 350 lber can play OG or OT, and gives us a standout performer (at a great value spot) to step in for Brandon Moore after his contract expires next year...all while providing additional competition at the RT position in this year's camps.

#118. RB Robert Turbin. His inside-the-tackles running ability compliments what we want to do with our Ground and Pound offense. Having a second "bowling ball" runner affords us the ability to keep Shonn Greene healthy, late into the season. He also provides excellent pass-catching, and pass-blocking.

#154 ILB Vontaze Burfict. I know, I know... he's a trouble-maker, lacking intelligence who likes to run head-first into brick walls. His attitude is perfect for this team, and he brings a nastiness with his play that will enable us to part ways with Bart Scott, should his play continue to decline. Who else can fill the role of the ILB who enjoys taking-on lead blockers?

Rounds 6-7: We have six picks, and use them to upgrade the depth on our team. I'd like to see several WRs (one will stick), a kicker, some line depth, and a late round flier on another RB

That would be solid.

Ideally ideal for me:

Trade back, pick up a 4th, and land Barron anyway.

2) Vinny Curry - Falls because of school and questions of game speed.

3) Marvin Jones

5) Demario Davis - Falls because he's a smaller school LB.

6) Josh Bush - Still a secret maybe?

7) Bryan Anger

7) Garrett Celek

7) Brandon Bolden

I see the Browns as being an ideal trading partner given their team needs, trading history with us, and number of picks in the middle rounds. That being said, it is highly expected that they take Trent Richardson with the #4 overall pick, but they desperately need a pass-rusher opposite last years Jabaal Sheard selection in the second round.

Here's how I hope things pan out:

Quentin Coples falls to #16. Hoping to grab him in front of the Bengals, Chargers, Bears, and Titans, the Browns move up from #22; trading away a 4th round pick, and swap their 2nd with ours (37 for 47), resulting in the following:

Jets Draft:

#22: FS Mark Barron. We opt to pass on him at 16, hoping he slides to our pick at 22, and we get lucky.

#37: OLB Ronnell Lewis. We've met with him, he's a fire-cracker with excellent pass rushing skills, and provides an instant boost to our special teams unit. While he'll only see defensive time on 3rd downs supplanting his run-stopping superior in Bryan Thomas; pairing him with Aaron Maybin gives us TWO excellent pass-rushers to get our 3-and-outs.

#77: OG/OT Brandon Brooks. The 6'5, 350 lber can play OG or OT, and gives us a standout performer (at a great value spot) to step in for Brandon Moore after his contract expires next year...all while providing additional competition at the RT position in this year's camps.

#118. RB Robert Turbin. His inside-the-tackles running ability compliments what we want to do with our Ground and Pound offense. Having a second "bowling ball" runner affords us the ability to keep Shonn Greene healthy, late into the season. He also provides excellent pass-catching, and pass-blocking.

#154 ILB Vontaze Burfict. I know, I know... he's a trouble-maker, lacking intelligence who likes to run head-first into brick walls. His attitude is perfect for this team, and he brings a nastiness with his play that will enable us to part ways with Bart Scott, should his play continue to decline. Who else can fill the role of the ILB who enjoys taking-on lead blockers?

Rounds 6-7: We have six picks, and use them to upgrade the depth on our team. I'd like to see several WRs (one will stick), a kicker, some line depth, and a late round flier on another RB

WOW, I applaud this. Wouldn't really change anything, but I want to do 2 more scenerios...

#22 - Nick Perry

#37 - Doug Martin

Trade #77 and Browns 4th for the 60th pick - Dwayne Allen TE

5th - Marvin McNutt - WR

6th - Mike Brewster - C/G

6th - Levy Adcock - T

7th - Najee Goodie - MLB

7th - Neiko Thorpo - S

#22 - Cordy Glenn - G/T

#37 - Chandler Jones OLB

#77 - Chris Givens - WR

CLE 4th - Brandon Taylor - S

5th - Antonio Allen - S

6th - Mike Brewster

#22 - Donte Hightower - MLB/OLB

#37 - Alshon Jeffrey - WR

Trade #77 and Clevlands 4th for 60th Pick - Bobbie Massie - T

Trade 5th and 6th for the 120th pick - Brandon Taylor - S

I can't wait. All of these situations would get us some Horse Cockin' players.

Biting my fingernails for the next week and a half.

Archived