Matt Light will retire

Ryno the Jet

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/18/source-matt-light-will-retire/

Source: Matt Light will retire

Posted by Mike Florio on April 18, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT

91864015_crop_650x440-e1334782211268.jpg?w=225 Getty Images

Patriots left tackle Matt Light recently declined to comment on whether he will or won’t retire at the relatively young age (for an offensive lineman) of 33.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that Light will indeed retire.

It’s unknown when the move will be official. Presumably, the Patriots would like to keep it under wraps until after the draft, so that a replacement on the depth chart can be selected. Nate Solder, a first-round pick in 2011, is expected to replace Light in the starting lineup.

Light, a second-round pick in 2001, is one of only three Patriots players who won Super Bowl rings in New England. The others are Tom Brady, who has three, and Vince Wilfork, who has one.

Although I do not doubt this story, Pro Football Talk needs to get some of it's facts straight. What I think they meant to say that there are only three members on the team that have been there since 2001 and have three rings. That would be Brady, Light and Faulk. Wilfork has one. Dan Koppen has two. Branch has two as well.

Although I do not doubt this story, Pro Football Talk needs to get some of it's facts straight. What I think they meant to say that there are only three members on the team that have been there since 2001 and have three rings. That would be Brady, Light and Faulk. Wilfork has one. Dan Koppen has two. Branch has two as well.

I thought this was a Matt Light thread not how many cheater Rings the current Pats roster has.

Archived