Can we please cut Kyle Wilson? Please?

sirlancemehlot

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't be long before you guys start saying the same about The Prince. Already has "bust" written all over him. I would keep Wilson until his contract is up, then bid him a fond farewell. He clearly isn't the guy they thought we was.

Im sorry. I just can't help but remember people on this board saying the same thing about Revis in 07... Hell, going into the '08 season (I think) one well known poster claimed he would rather have Cordlandt Finnegan over Revis. Seriously.

Obviously I don't expect Wilson to become the next Revis. But CB is one of the toughest positions to learn/adjust to in the NFL given the speed and quickness of the competition and the rules. Lets give him at least through his third year until we begin to determine Wilson's true potential.

Dude, you gotta read the forum more. Both things have been happening a lot lately already.

I haven't seen anything calling for Rex's head this offseason. Sanchez cut? I know people were calling for Manning or a better QB... But there wasn't much out there, and I don't think anyone wanted to cut him and just start Brunell/Tebow/Stanton/McCelroy instead...

I haven't seen anything calling for Rex's head this offseason. Sanchez cut? I know people were calling for Manning or a better QB... But there wasn't much out there, and I don't think anyone wanted to cut him and just start Brunell/Tebow/Stanton/McCelroy instead...

There were "what if we... fire Rex.." threads... or maybe one. Sit Sanchez, trade Sanchez, cut Sanchez... same same same. Basically no one wants him here.And no one wanted Brunell to start. No one serious anyways.

Cut Sanchez? The only reason we don't hear that is because of the money. Plenty of people here want to fire Tannenbaum for giving him money and making it harder to cut him. Six of one, half a dozen of another.

Im sorry. I just can't help but remember people on this board saying the same thing about Revis in 07... Hell, going into the '08 season (I think) one well known poster claimed he would rather have Cordlandt Finnegan over Revis. Seriously.

Obviously I don't expect Wilson to become the next Revis. But CB is one of the toughest positions to learn/adjust to in the NFL given the speed and quickness of the competition and the rules. Lets give him at least through his third year until we begin to determine Wilson's true potential.

Revis was never a Smurf. Wilson has shown nothing -- Smurf is hanging on by a thread on every play.

This is one of the ridiculously asinine threads I have ever seen. The CBs behind Wilson are nowhere within any measurable distance of his ability. While he may not be an all-world talent, Wilson is certainly still a solid player for the Jets as a nickel. It's laughable the way some people try to measure the Jets' DBs, as if everyone should be performing up to the level of Revis. The fact that Cromartie has gotten criticized around here the way that he has should tell how you blatantly absurd it is. It wasn't all that long ago that the Jets had starters at CB who were significantly worse than Wilson, never mind the midgets the Jets currently have behind him.

This^^^^^

Thanks for not allowing me to waste my time responding to this thread.

Archived