Silverman: Reid, Ryan, Turner Among NFL Coaches On Hot Seat

THE ILK

The betrayal of Tanny.

Ahhhhh yes. You actually may have something there. I am not a fan of tanny, but honestly believe Rex is the coach I want here for a long time. I would love to see a real football GM over Rex and his ability to coach.

Jim Caldwell got fired after one losing season, and I don't think any of his teams missed the playoffs. So did the entire Indy FO.

Reid, yes. Ryan, not as a HC. He'd have to go back to being a DC.

Jim Caldwell was and is a dope. Ryan figures to have some cache with ownership for his first 2 seasons. Think the axe falls on The Accountant for the abysmal talent level of this offense. But Ryan is going to have to overcome his fault (and his dad's)of being in love with his defense at the expense of and indifference to to his team's offense. it's huge problem that he has done almost nothing in 4 years to address.

Fair point to the PatsFan37-the falling out between Ryan and Tannebaum/Bradway is upon us. You know Ryan is going to be all about his defense. it's imperative some adult in the FO grasp that and keep the offense stocked with talent to offset that. And in 4 year they have done very little. The Hill stuff and Schillens signing are typical. There are no secrets-Hill's rep is he cannot catch, Schillens is ALWAYS hurt. And The Accountant moved up for Hiil and spent cap space on a iR spot. Don't get me started on the OL, TEs and backs.

Agreed on Rex. I also think Woody would be petrified to have to go out and find a new GM. He still seems like a bit of an outsider in NFL circles and would likely have to appeal to Goodell to find him candidates to fill the job. He's going to have to hang on to the status quo until the stadium is empty.

If the Jets only win 5 or 6, and the above is true, then Ryan will likely be the scapegoat for the lack of talent. Tannenbaum will say something like, "Rex insisted we go defense in the first" ... There might even be some merit to that argument. The Jets drafts under Mangini yielded better results, particularly offensively, than the ones under Ryan, so it's likely that both HCs had input into the draft.

Archived