The Jets New Offense

Lupz27

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Schottenheimer was a good fit with Mangini. Too smart guys that were going to manipulate the game to their advantage. Then Rex came in and wanted a ton of ground control and his mentality is we are going to outhit you and beat you up. That fits a ground and pound/deep ball mentality and didn't mesh well with Schottenheimer's style. The funny thing is that this is what Al Davis was always trying to do and everybody bitched about his antiquated style. It can work if it's executed properly.

Glass half full? The more we overthink things around here the more pessimistic we become. I think that is more common in football. Meatheads run head first into a wall. Chrebet cracks down on DEs. Think too much and you become like Pennington afraid to pull the trigger. I was nervous that was happening with Sanchez. He had a promising start, but he seemed worse and more tentative as time wore on. Thankfully after this week my hope is restored a bit.

Great...win or lose, your hope will be restored man. For me, the more I overthink, the more optimistic I become. This is our time for sure. My glass is STILL half full.

Archived