You know what amazes me....

JFtoLong

How much hate there is for Sanchez among Jets fans, and how much slack Ryan and the defense is given.

Ryan has been here for now his 4th season, every year so far the defense has regressed. We will see how this year pans out.

Sanchez has had a crap line and crap receivers for 2 years, and is cut no slack by many Jets fans.

Ryan on the other hand spends all of his time and energy on the defense, seems to only want to draft and sign defensive players, and yet is regarded as the Messiah by many Jets fans.

I just don't get it.

Yes, Ryan had some early success, with a ton of good fortune, but the defense has consistently gone down hill.

Sanchez has shown me at least, that if given time, when receivers are open, he can be an adequate starting QB.

Ryan has shown me zero to make me believe he is anything more than a defensive coordinator.

I just don't get the love affair with Ryan, and the hatred for Sanchez.

It's like every bad pass Sanchez throws, overwrites 10 good passes.

His receivers play like dog sh*t, and it's his fault for throwing one bad pass, which EVERY QB in football does, EVERY ONE.

Ryan's defense does not really fool anyone anymore, can not get off the field on 3rd downs, cannot generate any real pressure, cannot cover TE's or RB's.

Ryan gets an awful lot of love for a guy who has won nothing as a Jet.

Sorry, AFCC games don't impress me, SB's do.

Ryan has not won one yet.

For those bashing Sanchez at every turn, I think Ryan deserves as much if not more heat than Sanchez.

I just don't get the love affair. I don't know if Jets fans like the trash talk, or what it is.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the 3+ years under Rex Ryan, the Jet Defense has always been and still is overrated because it has never been able to stop teams when it mattered most ... in big situations, in big games, against top QBs.

On the flip side, over those same 3+ years, Sanchez has elevated his play when it mattered most ... in big situations, in big games, against top QBs.

In the 3+ years under Rex Ryan, the Jet Defense has always been and still is overrated because it has never been able to stop teams when it mattered most ... in big situations, in big games, against top QBs.

On the flip side, over those same 3+ years, Sanchez has elevated his play when it mattered most ... in big situations, in big games, against top QBs.

Yup yup, exactly how I see it!

Probably because if it werent for Rex Ryan's defense, the Jets would be a 5 win team with Sanchez at the helm.

That is not the issue as I see it.

I believe had Sanchez been developed PROPERLY, by a coach who understood and gave a rats ass about offense, Jets could be a very good team with Sanchez at the helm.

Riiigggghhhhtttt! Sanchez stepped it WAY up last week in that big game against a top QB!!

Maybe because the defense carried Sanchez's sorry ass for two years?

Well, if you are talking about year 1 and 2, I kind of disagree.

Year 1, completely agree, but what else could have been expected from a rookie QB coming out early from college?

Year 2, Sanchez won 4 games that the Jets had no business winning with late drives after the defense coughed up the lead.

Last year, by the end of the year they both sucked, defense and offense.

And the offense sucking was as much about the oline and receivers as it was Sanchez.

Well, if you are talking about year 1 and 2, I kind of disagree.

Year 1, completely agree, but what else could have been expected from a rookie QB coming out early from college?

Year 2, Sanchez won 4 games that the Jets had no business winning with late drives after the defense coughed up the lead.

Last year, by the end of the year they both sucked, defense and offense.

And the offense sucking was as much about the oline and receivers as it was Sanchez.

Sanchez has lost 6 games in his career when the defense allows UNDER 10 points. SIX!!!!! You can't explain that away when a rookie just tossed up 4,000+ yard season last year and other guys are breaking passing records left and right.

Sanchez has lost 6 games in his career when the defense allows UNDER 10 points. SIX!!!!! You can't explain that away when a rookie just tossed up 4,000+ yard season last year and other guys are breaking passing records left and right.

There is no need to explain it away, he has been inconsistent at best.

But again, so has the defense.

Last week the defense sucked as bad if not worse than Sanchez, and nobody criticizes Ryan, or say, hey, Revis was out.

But it's not an excuse that the WR's suck?

That is crap.

The offensive talent sucks, and sucked last year too.

All I am saying is Ryan deserves as much criticism as Sanchez, if not more as the head coach, yet Jets fans love him and hate Sanchez, its irrational.

No sh*t? Hmmmm, must have been dreaming when Rex completely shut down 3 future HOF QB's in the 2010 playoffs.

Must have been Sanchez.

No sh*t? Hmmmm, must have been dreaming when Rex completely shut down 3 future HOF QB's in the 2010 playoffs.

Must have been Sanchez.

Who where the 3 that he shut down?

Manning, Brady and who was the other one??

Big Ben and the Steelers ass raped Ryan in that game.

And while we are at it, Sanchez outplayed those two HOF QB's.

There is no need to explain it away, he has been inconsistent at best.

But again, so has the defense.

Last week the defense sucked as bad if not worse than Sanchez, and nobody criticizes Ryan, or say, hey, Revis was out.

But it's not an excuse that the WR's suck?

That is crap.

The offensive talent sucks, and sucked last year too.

All I am saying is Ryan deserves as much criticism as Sanchez, if not more as the head coach, yet Jets fans love him and hate Sanchez, its irrational.

Any Head Coach that can go 28-20 (4-2 postseason) with a dogsh*t QB has my respect.

You know what amazes me? Boobies! I just LOVE them!!!!!

It is fascinating how boobs can be the be the trump card. Natural big boobs are like a gift of nature, you have to look at them in awe like you're watching a humpback whale shoot out of the ocean beside your boat or a lion walk right by your car on a safari.

That is not the issue as I see it.

I believe had Sanchez been developed PROPERLY, by a coach who understood and gave a rats ass about offense, Jets could be a very good team with Sanchez at the helm.

Must suck entering the league and playing for the #1 defense and #1 rushing offense in the league. Definitely a sh*t situation for the QB. I mean, he's developed him soooo poorly, that despite his atrocious play, Sanchez has never had a losing season, has 4 road playoff wins and in a single season has the most TD's in the history of the franchise.

Poor kid.

Must suck entering the league and playing for the #1 defense and #1 rushing offense in the league. Definitely a sh*t situation for the QB. I mean, he's developed him soooo poorly, that despite his atrocious play, Sanchez has never had a losing season, has 4 road playoff wins and in a single season has the most TD's in the history of the franchise.

Poor kid.

Year 1 and 2 were good situations for him, and he performed well.

Year 3 and now, sh*t situations, and he performed sh*t.

Rex gets blame for that too.

Who where the 3 that he shut down?

Manning, Brady and who was the other one??

Big Ben and the Steelers ass raped Ryan in that game.

And while we are at it, Sanchez outplayed those two HOF QB's.

Big Ben in the AFCG - 10-19, 52%, 0 TD's, 2 INT's.

And in your opinion Sanchez outplayed those HOF QB's yet he's been developed poorly. Got it.

He deserves blame for drafting said dogsh*t QB. But a sh*tty QB is a sh*tty QB.

.....sigh

I'd say you have very low standards then...lmfao

I guess context has no meaning here?

A rookie QB with 10 college starts starting in the NFL is supposed to be what exactly his rookie year??

His 2nd year I thought he showed improvement, again, he had plenty of bad games, but most young QB's do.

In the playoffs he was great, and the defense was much more the reason they lost in Pittsburg than Sanchez.

Here's another fun fact:

Sanchez notched his 5th sub-40 % completion % of his career last week, most in NFL since '09, per ESPN Stats. Next on list: JaMarcus Russell (3).

Funny how the WR's don't play into that at all, got it.

Revis out, matters.

WR's drop passes and suck, don't matter.

Again, point of the thread.

.....sigh

A rookie QB with 10 college starts starting in the NFL is supposed to be what exactly his rookie year??

His 2nd year I thought he showed improvement, again, he had plenty of bad games, but most young QB's do.

In the playoffs he was great, and the defense was much more the reason they lost in Pittsburg than Sanchez.

A QB in his 4th season should be completing more than 37 % of his passes.

Yeah, our WR's are tots soft. Sanchez would be teh awesome if he had 5 Calvin Johnson's and stuff.

5 Calvin Johnson's??

I would take one receiver who can get open and catch the ball.

Let alone 1 Calvin Johnson, or even someone half as good as Johnson.

JaMarcus. Russell. Our QB, at his worst, is on the same list as JaMarcus Russell. Do you understand this?

This is horesh*t, there is no way on Earth that Sanchez is worse than Russell, zero.

I will end debating you now, you either know zero about football, or have too much hate for Sanchez to debate rationally, either way, I will stop.

The defense was poor vs. the Steelers. It would have been nice if our offense showed up in the first half as well.

I guess I'm just missing your point. You seem to be defending Sanchez and believe he's a good QB. But on the other hand, you believe the Jets havent developed him properly and blame Rex.

You're fudging stats there. In 4 years thus far under Sanchez the Jets have scored under 10 points only 4 times, once in 2009 (7-10 v. Atl.) , 3 times in 2010 (0-9 v. GB, 3-45 v. NE, 6-10 v. MIA), and no time since. You're obviously including games in which the opponents scored on defense and special teams, which skew the Jets' defensive stats because of less defensive opportunities.

Archived