Players stepping up

GangisGreen

now that I have calmed down i must give credit to a few Jets who stepped up today.

1. Kerley: is proving that he is a legit NFL WR. He runs great routes, and has big play potential. He is quickly stepping in for

Holmes.

2. Demario Davis: Good game for the rookie, he will be the future starting MLB and he showed promise today.

3. Hilliard: He was a great pickup, he can play fullback, pick up blitzs, and even has some skill with the ball in his hands.

Really starting to think cutting all 3, Harris, Pace, Scott next year is a possibility. But Harris is a anomaly. I don't know what they think tbh. I have a bad feeling this FO is completely embedded with him until the end. But at least Pace and Scott need to be gone. Sooner the better imo. Sucks about Mauga imo.

Really starting to think cutting all 3, Harris, Pace, Scott next year is a possibility. But Harris is a anomaly. I don't know what they think tbh. I have a bad feeling this FO is completely embedded with him until the end. But at least Pace and Scott need to be gone. Sooner the better imo. Sucks about Mauga imo.

The guy starts a thread about players stepping up and the very first post is about 3 players they should cut? Troll.

The whole team has stepped it up. They are actually playing good ball. The turnovers are killers and you cant kick FG's and beat the Patriots.

The guy starts a thread about players stepping up and the very first post is about 3 players they should cut? Troll.

The whole team has stepped it up. They are actually playing good ball. The turnovers are killers and you cant kick FG's and beat the Patriots.

My post was in reference to Demario Davis which had me thinking about your LB core. They need 2 or 3 more of him. Could Maybin, Davis, (maybe Mauga or a Dowtin) and McIntryre....and maybe add a FA or draft pick in that mix somewhere...be a starting 4 in the future? Cause you can forget this year JiF, you're team ain't good enough. I'm always thinking about the future...I'm a Browns fan.

the 2 are paid to get the QB and they did not do the job with the game on the line

Well, on the drive to tie it the Jets were playing a 3 man rush in a prevent (not sure either was playing although I saw Wilk as a NT on one play...but on both drives it was 3 step dink and dunks. Both played well today. And then there's that whole, their only job isn't just rushing the QB, argument. I think your anger is righteous...but misplaced.

Well, on the drive to tie it the Jets were playing a 3 man rush in a prevent (not sure either was playing although I saw Wilk as a NT on one play...but on both drives it was 3 step dink and dunks. Both played well today. And then there's that whole, their only job isn't just rushing the QB, argument. I think your anger is righteous...but misplaced.

Coples was drafted to get the QB , he said the samething in a interview , the guy on the pats has 5 sacks drafted after him

Coples was drafted to get the QB , he said the samething in a interview , the guy on the pats has 5 sacks drafted after him

Well, Jones plays in 4-3 has 5 and Coples is playing in a 3-4 and has 2. But Coples actually had a bigger impact for the Jets than Jones had for the Pats today, imo. Jones had that early pressure and that was it. Coples was around Brady a couple times today. He started off really slow but seemed to get better as the game went on. Looks like they're both going to be good. But yep, all around, Jones looks like the better pass rusher so far. Not so sure about all around though. Didn't pay attention to him against the run but the Jets OL dominated, overall.

Then again Jets played a lot of 4 man front today. fwiw, Coples made his living at DT at UNC and really floundered as a 43 DE his last year and Mo was college DT. Both different players with different skills than Jones. Mo is like 315, Coples 290 and Jones is like, 255 lbs. Jones would essentially be playing Pace's position with the Jets, not sure how'd he look in coverage etc.

Archived