Why? Dear God, why?

#27TheDominator

Sanchez was horrible. He's been bad before, but I can't remember him stringing together so many bad performances in a row without any remotely redeeming qualities. He seems shot. I don't know who/what I would do for next season, but there has to be an alternative.

I'm a bit surprised they don't go for a home run threat offense. More speed at RB, deep throws. The sad thing with Sanchez is that they are trying to be safe, but still he turns it over. They don't need many points. Look at Johnson. He basically got shut down all game, but hit one homer. That's what I think they wanted out of Hill, but I'm not sure about the rest of these characters.

Sparano is what I expected. I hate him. In addition to my blind hatred and what everybody else sees, can somebody please explain to me why a "smashmouth" team is always going empty backfield on 3rd and 2? Shove the ****ing ball down their throat. We were gashing that team on the ground all day. Taking the ball out of the hands of Sanchez is a good thing. Besides, if they did that it would have helped dopey pass.

Gruden is an idiot. I can't understand how anybody would want the guy to be our coach. I would choke him if he were watching the game at my house. How many "former pro-bowlers" were in that game?

Why don't we have a dedicated punt returner? The team is built to win on defense and special teams have Fair Catch Kerley back there is a horror. I understand the importance of having a guy that can catch the ball, but I would make PUNT RETURNER a position on the team and be sure that I can fill it with a capable player. Like long-snapper it's a special skill and it needs to be done right. **** Jordan White - draft a guy that can return punts in the 6th or 7th and let him master the skill. We score as many points on returns as offense anyway.

I like the D. We all know what they need. More speed at LB. Somebody blew the assignment on the long run - I think Harris picked the wrong hole or Pouha got turned. Otherwise they gave up one long drive. I think that Lankster didn't help much on the other TD. He blew up Johnson, but just waved at Locker. That was a poor drive though.

Sanchez is a total disaster and needs a fresh start. I think in reality he is destined to be a career backup or possibly hosting a Fox studio show on Saturdays (like Jesse Palmer or Joey Harrington). He's relatively good looking so maybe even a season on the bachelor?

I honestly don't think Mark has a passion for the game of professional football. It was fun for him in high school and college but when it became a profession he just doesn't have the mental makeup and discipline to succeed and it's no longer fun for him.

As for the OC, my main issue with Sparano is how disorganized the offense is - that is a total reflection on him. If they are going to suck the least they can do is suck without burning timeouts and taking delay of game penalties.

Sanchez is a total disaster and needs a fresh start. I think in reality he is destined to be a career backup or possibly hosting a Fox studio show on Saturdays (like Jesse Palmer or Joey Harrington). He's relatively good looking so maybe even a season on the bachelor?

I honestly don't think Mark has a passion for the game of professional football. It was fun for him in high school and college but when it became a profession he just doesn't have the mental makeup and discipline to succeed and it's no longer fun for him.

As for the OC, my main issue with Sparano is how disorganized the offense is - that is a total reflection on him. If they are going to suck the least they can do is suck without burning timeouts and taking delay of game penalties.

I'm kind of surprised by this to be honest. I thought he'd at least bring structure and discipline. I've never seen a team struggle with having the right personnel on the field like the Jets do under Sparano.

I'm kind of surprised by this to be honest. I thought he'd at least bring structure and discipline. I've never seen a team struggle with having the right personnel on the field like the Jets do under Sparano.

I'm not sure that we should put it on Sparano. Normally I'd be in complete agreement, but remember the past few years? We used to blame the same exact thing on Schottenheimer. Complained that his offense was "too complex" and we had to burn timeouts and didn't get plays in before the play clock wound down. What's the common denominator? It didn't happen under Pennington. I"m not completely convinced it's the OC. I'm pretty sure that some of it is on the injuries - they are constantly waving in and out those bottom feeder WRs they have and seem to have trouble getting the personnel packages out there. Maybe there is a systemic problem in how they've dealt with that over the years.

I'm not sure that we should put it on Sparano. Normally I'd be in complete agreement, but remember the past few years? We used to blame the same exact thing on Schottenheimer. Complained that his offense was "too complex" and we had to burn timeouts and didn't get plays in before the play clock wound down. What's the common denominator? It didn't happen under Pennington. I"m not completely convinced it's the OC. I'm pretty sure that some of it is on the injuries - they are constantly waving in and out those bottom feeder WRs they have and seem to have trouble getting the personnel packages out there. Maybe there is a systemic problem in how they've dealt with that over the years.

Nope, it's 100% on the OC and his assistants.

Agree with Richie...thats your ****ing job. You have 5 assistants on offense to make sure the right people are coming in and off.

Its laughable. Dude should be fired today.

Maybe from the assistants that carried over? I agree it's a major problem, but it's been going on for about 4 years now and I find it hard to believe that Sparano and Schottenheimer have the exact same problem here without some commonality contributing.

Sparano's problem is a combination of philosophy, talent, and intellect. The philosophy is too many different personnel groupings. It seems like for every play they call they have a totally different personnel package - tackle eligible, 3 TE's, 5 wr's, etc.... That takes time off of the play clock b/c he has to pick the play and then send the people onto the field.

The talent is a problem because he doesn't have the flexibility to run multiple formations from the same grouping (like the pats with their TE's), and the intellect is a problem b/c it takes him too long to call plays and I think he forgets who is on the field at any point in time.

The problems with the play clock are all on Sparano. I think Sanchez is one of the 2 of 3 worst QB's in the entire NFL and even I can't blame that issue on him.

Sparano's problem is a combination of philosophy, talent, and intellect. The philosophy is too many different personnel groupings. It seems like for every play they call they have a totally different personnel package - tackle eligible, 3 TE's, 5 wr's, etc.... That takes time off of the play clock b/c he has to pick the play and then send the people onto the field.

The talent is a problem because he doesn't have the flexibility to run multiple formations from the same grouping (like the pats with their TE's), and the intellect is a problem b/c it takes him too long to call plays and I think he forgets who is on the field at any point in time.

The problems with the play clock are all on Sparano. I think Sanchez is one of the 2 of 3 worst QB's in the entire NFL and even I can't blame that issue on him.

I wouldn't either, but like I said - it was a problem under Schottenheimer too. It was one of the reasons we wanted him gone. I guess the constant changes in personnel are consistent. That is something they both do. I thought Sparano was supposed to just lineup and push people off the ball. His whole "know and know you know" philosophy seems like a valid idea to which he should hold himself accountable.

Archived