Villain's Final Mock Draft. I'd like your opinion here.

Villain The Foe

Let me get right to it. We all know that this isnt a top heavy class this year. We also know that we're not one piece away from the superbowl. What we do know is that we have ALOT of holes and what we need to do before looking for that "one piece" is to start establishing a solid football team. This does seem to be a pretty deep and talented draft draft class. Please view my mock with that in mind.

I'd be trading the 9th pick to the 49er's  (Interest in Tavon Austin/Dion Jordan/Barkevious Mingo/Bjoern Werner) as well as the 13th pick to the Ravens (Interest in Kenny Vaccaro/Manti Te'o/Cordarrelle Patterson/Kennan Allen)

(1)31.(49ers)Alec Olgetree OLB

(1)32.(Ravens)Eddie Lacy RB/Trade Down

(2)34.(49ers) Ryan Nassib QB

(2)39. DaRick Rodgers WR

(2)62.(Ravens)Larry Warford G

(3)72. Travis Kelce TE

(4)103. Bacarri Rambo FS (I REALLY like this kid!)

(5)134. Aaron Dobson WR/Jake Stoneburner TE (Sleeper)

(6)167. Marcus Lattimore RB (project for 2014)/Jake Stoneburner TE (Yes, I have him twice! Sleeper)

(7)199. Earl Wolf S (Sleeper)

Thoughts?

I agree with trying to trade down. I don't agree with Ogletree. He doesn't have a natural position and he has a laundry list of off the field issues that make him a huge risk.  I don't think RB is something you have to address with Lacy or even in the first round.  Since we traded back, I'm okay with using the extra picks on a QB prospect. Don't love Nassib but, it's fine.  I'm not sure Warford lasts that long, but it would be great if he did. I think at some point you have to take another corner.

I agree with trying to trade down. I don't agree with Ogletree. He doesn't have a natural position and he has a laundry list of off the field issues that make him a huge risk.  I don't think RB is something you have to address with Lacy or even in the first round.  Since we traded back, I'm okay with using the extra picks on a QB prospect. Don't love Nassib but, it's fine.  I'm not sure Warford lasts that long, but it would be great if he did. I think at some point you have to take another corner.

good points. I would certainly trade back both picks though. I like Olgetree because he's ridiculous playing sideline to sideline and he can also keep with RB's. He is light though and needs to add more weight and strength. The Eddie Lacy pick could certainly be that CB pick you spoke of. The Warford pick may not last that long. I have a feeling that Cooper and Warmack may drop given their position though. If they drop to the teens/20's I believe Warford will be there in the early/mid 2nd. I think that the earliest cooper/warmack will be taken is by St. Louis at 16. We can then take Warford at 32 instead of Lacy and then draft another OLB with that 62nd pick to compliment either Olgetree or another LB that we take at 31. 

I really REALLY hope that the Jets trade back both picks and load up on late 1st/2nd round picks 

• 10 months later...

Ogletree rookie stats: 

117 Tak, 1.5 sacks, 1 INT returned for a 98yard TD, 6 force fumbles, 10 passes defended

what do you think of Ogletree today? 

Let me get right to it. We all know that this isnt a top heavy class this year. We also know that we're not one piece away from the superbowl. What we do know is that we have ALOT of holes and what we need to do before looking for that "one piece" is to start establishing a solid football team. This does seem to be a pretty deep and talented draft draft class. Please view my mock with that in mind.

I'd be trading the 9th pick to the 49er's  (Interest in Tavon Austin/Dion Jordan/Barkevious Mingo/Bjoern Werner) as well as the 13th pick to the Ravens (Interest in Kenny Vaccaro/Manti Te'o/Cordarrelle Patterson/Kennan Allen)

(1)31.(49ers)Alec Olgetree OLB (beast rookie season)

(1)32.(Ravens)Eddie Lacy RB/Trade Down (OROTY and legit work horse)

(2)34.(49ers) Ryan Nassib QB (Development)

(2)39. DaRick Rodgers WR (nothing produced yet)

(2)62.(Ravens)Larry Warford G (Best Guard in the class)

(3)72. Travis Kelce TE (I.R.)

(4)103. Bacarri Rambo FS (okay rookie campaign for the redskins)

(5)134. Aaron Dobson WR (Underachieved for having Tom Brady as a QB)

(6)167. Marcus Lattimore RB (We'll see this year)

(7)199. Earl Wolf S (Nothing)

Thoughts?

John Idzik's Draft

1. Sheldon Richardson (DROTY.....arguably the best player in the draft)

2. Dee Milliner (Flashing)

3. Geno Smith (up in the air. I think he has it personally)

4. Brian Winters (inconsistent)

5. Chris Ivory (solid)

6. Oday Aboushi (Dont know)

7. William Campbell (dont know)

8. Tommy Bohanon (Solid FB)

I think I did pretty decent with my mock last year. I picked the OROTY and Idzik picked the DROTY and possibly the best player in the draft. I think overall though Idzik gets the edge given the availability of the players at the time, though I feel like I mocked a better draft. Ogletree wouldnt have been available at 31, however, we would have gotten Warford in the 2nd round ahead of Detroit in the 3rd. 

Don't know. Don't even know what team he plays for. Should we necro your bad analysis too?

Yea we should, I've certainly had some. I wouldnt take it as a jab. Vicious told me from the combine about Russell Wilson, I told him he wasnt going to be better than Mark Sanchez. We both saw what happened with that. I didnt like the Mo Wilkerson pick by Rex, we both saw what happened with that. I do know however what teams both guys play for though lol. 

Figured I'd ask about your feelings on Alec today. But since you dont even know the team he plays for (Rams) I guess there's nothing much to talk about. I was just trying to make convo during the offseason. 

John Idzik's Draft

1. Sheldon Richardson (DROTY.....arguably the best player in the draft)

2. Dee Milliner (Flashing)

3. Geno Smith (up in the air. I think he has it personally)

4. Brian Winters (inconsistent)

5. Chris Ivory (solid)

6. Oday Aboushi (Dont know)

7. William Campbell (dont know)

8. Tommy Bohanon (Solid FB)

I think I did pretty decent with my mock last year. I picked the OROTY and Idzik picked the DROTY and possibly the best player in the draft. I think overall though Idzik gets the edge given the availability of the players at the time, though I feel like I mocked a better draft. Ogletree wouldnt have been available at 31, however, we would have gotten Warford in the 2nd round ahead of Detroit in the 3rd. 

Yeah, you did fine because you had 5 picks in the 1st 2 rounds.  Not really fair compare yourself to Idzik in that situation.  lol

And I dont think Ogletree can play OLB in this system...but wonder if he'd be decent inside.

Archived