West Coast JETS fans sound off....

budda12ax7

I am surrounded by Chargers fans all day...retch...

As bad as the JETS have been, at least we are not as bad as the Lakers.....

Budda12ax7

Orange County, CA

Any JETS fans around these parts????

post-27532-0-53509400-1367416527_thumb.j

Yes.  The Lakers.  What a sh*t organization they are.  They never win and have never had superstars.  

I do belive I was refering to THIS year in Laker history as the worst....sans other years. In fact the Lakers have not won anything in three years. sh*t for a coach, ownership goes to overprivaged son of original owner, faded and old players....these are the comparaisions I am refering to..

Southern Cali doesn't have football, so everybody is Laker crazy and follows them intensely. USC football comes next, followed by Angels then Dodgers. At the bottom of popularity is Ducks and Kings. YET, there is a huge interest in the new South Cali Rugby Club....

Oh yea...we have soccer. I don't know anyone who is into it though...

I'm in southern Cali, living in Riverside/Corona area. Chargers fans don't bother me...we beat them down several years back in the playoffs, and their record wasn't much better than ours last year.

All in all, they're pretty tame fans if you ask me.

I see....no West  Coast fans.....I shall continue to suffer on my own then. I have my JETS shrine in my front yard, I shall light a candle in the hope that SexyRexy is fired, San-Cheese is traded to the Chargers, and WoodyPeacker sells the team to Magic Johnson....

I do belive I was refering to THIS year in Laker history as the worst....sans other years. In fact the Lakers have not won anything in three years. sh*t for a coach, ownership goes to overprivaged son of original owner, faded and old players....these are the comparaisions I am refering to..

Southern Cali doesn't have football, so everybody is Laker crazy and follows them intensely. USC football comes next, followed by Angels then Dodgers. At the bottom of popularity is Ducks and Kings. YET, there is a huge interest in the new South Cali Rugby Club....

Oh yea...we have soccer. I don't know anyone who is into it though...

Lakers made the playoffs.  The Jets didnt.

I'm in southern Cali, living in Riverside/Corona area. Chargers fans don't bother me...we beat them down several years back in the playoffs, and their record wasn't much better than ours last year.

All in all, they're pretty tame fans if you ask me.

True...but after they had a few lattes they perk up a bit.....it is hard to fight in Birkenstocks I suppose....

I'm a west coaster,   La Jolla mostly,  but I travel for work, so I'm rarely on the west coast.  Spent the better part of the past few months on the east coast, before that was in dallas, before that chicago, before that arkansas..   Most of the time big companies HQs are in the crappiest places imaginable. Cheap land I guess.   

Anyway,  the west coast fans, in general,  are far more laid back compared to east coast fans.    In any sport.    I mean you could say the Lakers are hardcore, but then again, the Lakers have won like 16 championships, they've been to something like 33, and they've had Wilt, Magic, Shaq, Kobe, etc.    

If the Lakers were like the Clippers, nobody would care until they won.      Dodgers. Who knows.   They have fans, they also leave games and the stadium is half empty sometimes.   Plus there have been a few too many violent incidents there.       

Angels.. I don't know, imagine the Mets or Yankees making all the moves the Angels have.  More people would be talking abou them.  The LA Kings.. It's the NHL. Nobody cares.          Down to San Diego.  San diego had how many blackouts last season?

The problem with the west coast is that there are far too many transplants like me and many others who are already fans of some other team.  I'm not going to change who I root for.  And I'm sure if i'm here for life, my children most likely will either root for the Jets or they won't even be football fans.   In San diego, there are far more people who would rather go to the beach than to a football game.   And lets not talk about the Padres.   That stadium seems empty when the team has one good season every decade.

I think you are right about transplants, plus there are so many other things to do. On any day you can hit the beach or go to Catalina....surfing,

Jets do not play SD this year.

Archived