Mornhinweg praises Geno

Jetsfan80

I dont know.  They drafted the best QB prospect in the draft.  That means something.

Or wait, that wasnt Rex.  That was the GM.  Rex is only over bad personnel decisions, right?  

You clearly stated that if Geno outplays Mark (which I assume you think will happen in the pre-season), and the Jets start Sanchez, that it would poorly reflect on Idzik.

My counter was, if you believe Idzik will be making the call on who will be starting QB (and not the coach), you can call Rex as good as gone. If he will not give his head coach that latitude of decision, why does he have him here?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is none, other than Rex's puppy dog loyalty.

OK, maybe you can make the argument that Geno should be "eased" in-but that is not Rex's style any way.

Rex is coaching for his job.  I imagine he'll want to put in the guy that gives him the best chance to win.  Hint:  That's not Sanchez.  Not to mention, I imagine the expected rookie struggles would give Rex a longer leash from Idzik.  But who knows.

You clearly stated that if Geno outplays Mark (which I assume you think will happen in the pre-season), and the Jets start Sanchez, that it would poorly reflect on Idzik.

My counter was, if you believe Idzik will be making the call on who will be starting QB (and not the coach), you can call Rex as good as gone. If he will not give his head coach that latitude of decision, why does he have him here?

That's a great point.  And you're totally right.

Rex is coaching for his job.  I imagine he'll want to put in the guy that gives him the best chance to win.  Hint:  That's not Sanchez.  Not to mention, I imagine the expected rookie struggles would give Rex a longer leash from Idzik.  But who knows.

Dangerous game for the front office to play with a rookie QB, imo. They should offer Rex some continuity right now for the sake of Geno's development, or like stated by Jif, have Idzik name Sanchez the starter.

Dangerous game for the front office to play with a rookie QB, imo. They should offer Rex some continuity right now for the sake of Geno's development, or like stated by Jif, have Idzik name Sanchez the starter.

They're not giving Rex a contract extension yet.  Until that happens, he's coaching for his job.  Period.  Dangerous, yes.  A "Figure it out, Rex", situation?  Sounds like it. 

Luckily Rex is awesome.

New regimes generally mean new QB's.  So while Rex has the final say in who starts, it would be hard to believe he doesn't have it in the back of his mind that Geno ultimately will be the guy sooner rather than later. 

Sanchez won't be on the roster in 2014.  Geno will.  Idzik very much has the say on THAT eventuality.

Yes and thank GOD for it!!!!!

I dont know.  They drafted the best QB prospect in the draft.  That means something.

Or wait, that wasnt Rex.  That was the GM.  Rex is only over bad personnel decisions, right?  

I'm glad the light is finally going on for you!!!  :winking0001:  j/k

They're not giving Rex a contract extension yet.  Until that happens, he's coaching for his job.  Period.  Dangerous, yes.  A "Figure it out, Rex", situation?  Sounds like it. 

Luckily Rex is awesome.

EVERY coach in the NFL is coaching for his job. Rex has another year after this on his contract.

EVERY coach in the NFL is coaching for his job. Rex has another year after this on his contract.

Maybe so, but few coaches are on a "hotter" seat than Rex, unless we are to discount what the media and T0mShane says.  Which is quite easy to do on both counts.

All of u say geno will outplay mark ! Have any of u watch him play I'm not talking highlights I'm talking watch the game in real time?

I have and he's ok he's not Russell Wilson who I watched also . So u can hope he's better is all it might. Take a while

Archived