Mike Williams

kay_gee

You can't "nope" me.  This year they play against the AFC-East and the NFC-West.  Look it up.  

Last year they had Carolina's number, and I think they can at least split with the Saints and the Falcons. They're an up-swing team. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make some noise this year.  

I can nope you all I want.  The rest of the teams in their division face the AFC East and NFC West too.  Look it up.

And they're only considered that sexy "up-swing" team because of their spending.  How often does a big-spending team do anything of substance in this league?  Greg Schiano is still their HC and Josh Freeman is still their QB.  "Making some noise" to the tune of 9-7 doesn't impress me.

I can nope you all I want.  The rest of the teams in their division face the AFC East and NFC West too.  Look it up.

And they're only considered that sexy "up-swing" team because of their spending.  How often does a big-spending team do anything of substance in this league?  Greg Schiano is still their HC and Josh Freeman is still their QB.  "Making some noise" to the tune of 9-7 doesn't impress me.

(ha ha. It's a slow day in Jetville when I'm taking sides for Tampa Bay.)

Just for the sake of argument:

I understand that seeding is based on inter-division record, conference record, similar opponents, etc...and yes, technically, they were 4th place in the NFC-South last year.  However, the Saints, Panthers, and Bucs ALL finished with a 7-9 record.  Coming from 4-12, and under the leadership of a new head coach (who you make sound like a detriment to the team for some reason) is actually a great reason for their fans to be optimistic.  The fact that they did that with the league's worse pass defense, and injuries to their starting OG's, only makes it slightly more impressive.  

Vincent Jackson went to the probowl.  Doug Martin was the 5th best RB in the NFL (without Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph), also a probowler. 

This year they get their OL back together, and drafted a sharp rookie to push their struggling QB.

They addressed their major area of need by spending, yes, but I don't see how that is a bad thing.  Now they have the best secondary in their division. If you're going to spend money in that division, I'd say they chose the right area to do it.  Pairing their revamped secondary with the league's #1 ranked run defense can't be a bad thing. 

I'm not saying they're "sexy" but they are definitely an upswing team.  

Archived