Braylon: It Is Good To Be Back

JetNation

its good to have him back!!!!!!!! shouldve never left in the first place

True.  I said this in another thread but I am surprised they waited so long.  They knew the situation with Holmes.  Getting Braylon in for minicamp would have helped him learn the new offense.  Instead of signing him the week before camp starts.

True.  I said this in another thread but I am surprised they waited so long.  They knew the situation with Holmes.  Getting Braylon in for minicamp would have helped him learn the new offense.  Instead of signing him the week before camp starts.

Perhaps.  I don't think Braylon will have any troubles picking up the offense.  Question:  Was Braylon even healthy during the minicamp?  If not, it wouldn't have mattered that much whether he was signed or not.  Yes, he'd have had time for mental study of the offense, but if he couldn't get on the field and practice, I'm not sure it would have helped all that much.

The important thing is that he's here now.  Agreed that he should have never left in the first place.  He had played at a much higher level for the Jets than Santonio had, was a more complete football player and WR than Santonio, wanted to be a Jet (whereas Santonio would have gone anywhere to get the money), was willing to give the Jets a discount whereas Santonio wasn't, and until the drunk driving thing had never created any problems for the Jets.  He had been a great Jet and had a great attitude.  He was a leader and unselfish team player whereas Tone was only all about Tone and had not only created problems in the locker room, but had actually quit on the team during a game and had to be told to get off the field.

Perhaps.  I don't think Braylon will have any troubles picking up the offense.  Question:  Was Braylon even healthy during the minicamp?  If not, it wouldn't have mattered that much whether he was signed or not.  Yes, he'd have had time for mental study of the offense, but if he couldn't get on the field and practice, I'm not sure it would have helped all that much.

The important thing is that he's here now.  Agreed that he should have never left in the first place.  He had played at a much higher level for the Jets than Santonio had, was a more complete football player and WR than Santonio, wanted to be a Jet (whereas Santonio would have gone anywhere to get the money), was willing to give the Jets a discount whereas Santonio wasn't, and until the drunk driving thing had never created any problems for the Jets.  He had been a great Jet and had a great attitude.  He was a leader and unselfish team player whereas Tone was only all about Tone and had not only created problems in the locker room, but had actually quit on the team during a game and had to be told to get off the field.

I heard holmes left money on the table to sign with the jets

Archived