Randy Moss: FOX Football Analyst

T0mShane

FOX must have the best HR department.

Randy Moss is close to a deal . . . with FOX

Posted by Mike Florio on August 9, 2013, 2:22 PM EDT

I talk when I wanna talk.

Hopefully, Randy Moss won’t apply that twist to his on-field epitaph when he’s sitting in the TV studio.

The future Hall of Famer has a tentative deal with FOX, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT. The deal isn’t finalized, but no glitches currently are expected. (Especially if he’s paid a certain specific way.)

The full scope of his duties isn’t currently known, but Moss is expected to contribute to FOX Football Daily on the new FOX Sports 1, a show that will feature Curt Menefee, Jay Glazer, Brian Urlacher, and Ronde Barber. Moss also could appear on the new all-sports network on Sundays, too.

A colorful figure who could have been the greatest receiver of all time (in his mind, he was), Moss will likely say what he thinks without pulling punches or kissing butts. And that will make him compelling.

The question is whether he’ll stay interested and engaged. The novelty of television can wear off quickly for former players who need to approach broadcasting as fans — especially during production meetings and seemingly endless rehearsals.

I talk when I wanna talk.

Hopefully, he’ll choose to talk a lot, because he could have good insights, and he’ll deliver them in an entertaining way.

Let’s also hope that he’ll deem the FOX catering to be something he’d at least feed to his dogs.

Archived