flgreen

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bc_normal.jpg

Rontez Miles intercepts Geno Smith off Ryan Spadola's hands #NYJ
9m
Beat Writer / Columnist

I thought Miles was on the PUP.  I hadn't heard much about him and that is where he was when I checked the roster.  Did he play Friday?  I still didn't watch the game. 

*EDIT:  Team's "official" website still has Miles with Holmes listed on the PUP.

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI

I believe McKnight just walked out to practice now.... I should tweet him to make sure: 'Hey, Joe, are you outside?' #jets
6m
Beat Writer / Columnist

Everything these reporters say with regards to a player is just dripping in sarcasm or snark and yet they wonder why those players would ever want to kick their ass.  I understand the era of the internet has made everyone insanely more sardonic, but is it impossible to just get straight factual news without any fluff, bias or sarcasm?  Sweet jesus.

Thoughts and Observations: New York Jets’ Training Camp 8/14/13

Aug 14th, 2013 at 12:23 pm by Alan SchechterJets

Home » Jets » Thoughts and Observations: New York Jets’ Training Camp 8/14/13

75367902-300x213.jpg

Jul 28, 2013; Cortland, NY, USA; New York Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes (10) looks on during training camp practice at SUNY Cortland. Mandatory Credit: Rich Barnes-USA TODAY Sports

Today was the Jets’ final open training camp practice from Cortland, NY, as tomorrow’s session is closed. Let’s get right to the thoughts and observations:

• SANTONIO HOLMES RUNS: For everyone else to see, Santonio Holmes ran windsprints of 50-60 yards.  Granted, it was just straight line running, no cuts.  But still, a good sign that Holmes is starting to get there.
  • GENO NOT ACCURATE: As far as the QB competition goes, today was not a banner day for Geno Smith.  Yes, following the QB rotation, he took most of the snaps with the first string.  It did not go well, as he threw four interceptions this morning.
  • MARK GETS BY WITH HELP FROM HIS FRIENDS: One particularly nice play was noted, as Sanchez hooked up with his old friend Braylon Edwards for a 30 yard TD pass.  Shades of 2009-2010 on this final open session.
  • GATES IN RED: Clyde Gates, he of excellent camp, was back at practice, with a non-contact red jersey on.  He took a brutal hit on Sunday, good to see him back to work.

That’s it for the final observations from open camp.  Remember, the Jets will have an open practice session for fans to attend at Florham Park on the 21st.

Archived