Jet's/Giant's Post Game Conference --- Mark Sanchez injury

Patriot Killa

In the game thread I kept calling it broken ribs, but on second thought, I'm not sure you can play through that.  

He was obviously affected, yet still hung in there.  He took his lumps for this fan base that gives him sh*t, so that he could complete a 3rd and long in a meaningless pre-season game.  I can respect a guy for that. 

Tony Romo played with a punctured lung.

i know geno didn't look so good yesterday. but it was his first game. i honestly believe sanchez getting injured is a blessing in disguise. we need to put geno out there from the start and see if he can play the game. if not we will have a high draft pick and we draft a qb if one is there when we pick. if he can play, then we are in a really good posiiton.

Maybe Simms and McElroy will get fair shots now. I think the Jets (and every other team in every sport) should take the model of SF: the player who plays best will be the starter, regardless of what happened previously. If I'm the Patriots, and Tom Brady throws four INTs in practice, but Mallett throws none and six TDs, Mallett would be my starting QB. No homer, I'm completely serious.

I've only heard about Geno and Mark in practice reports. How have Greg and Matt done in practice this TC?

Archived