SNY Jets Post Game Live

Sperm Edwards

A few days after the fact, but Tony Richardson replacing Adam Schein is a welcome change.

I liked Lucas & Klecko already. Richardson was "the quiet one" after his first game. He seems similar to those two in NOT ass-kissing every Jet - players & coaches alike - after obvious screw-ups. Like those guys aren't shy about calling individuals out, while at the same time not nitpicking too much after good performances.

It's a good show made better without Schein's grating voice and non-detailed football "analysis" talking over everyone & ruining it. Lucas always looked like he hated sitting next to him.

A few days after the fact, but Tony Richardson replacing Adam Schein is a welcome change.

I liked Lucas & Klecko already. Richardson was "the quiet one" after his first game. He seems similar to those two in NOT ass-kissing every Jet - players & coaches alike - after obvious screw-ups. Like those guys aren't shy about calling individuals out, while at the same time not nitpicking too much after good performances.

It's a good show made better without Schein's grating voice and non-detailed football "analysis" talking over everyone & ruining it. Lucas always looked like he hated sitting next to him.

Schein has one of the most annoying voices in the entire media industry.

I liked Schein..  The show is worse without him.

Scheins hate was offset by Lucas' homerism.  Klecko is pretty neutral.

T-Rich was better last week than the 1st but there's a lot less laughs now.

I couldn't disagree more.  Lucas rips everyone and always seems pissed off with the team, from management & coaching down to individual players.  I have no idea what show you've been watching.  Greg Buttle is the ridiculous homer who feels, even in the face of obvious failure, that the Jets and everyone associated with the team can do no wrong.

Schein can't and couldn't contribute to the nuances of someone's play.  Things they're doing right & wrong, beyond whining, "Ya can't make that throw."  Schein was one of the biggest Sanchez apologists before he 180'd on him.  Lucas is far more interesting when you've got a rookie QB.  He can relay a lot of stuff from being a QB (and an NFL player in general).  What likely goes on in the locker room.  He is a little too ass-kissy with Parcells, and invokes his name too often, but he owes Tuna his career so I guess it's only right.  Plus Parcells and Rex couldn't be more polar opposites personality and style-wise so it makes for a good contrast in a discussion.  

IMO Schein added absolutely nothing of substance.  Ever.  If nothing else, Richardson is addition by subtraction. Schein made the show hard to watch at times because he just doesn't know the sport as well as the other two.  When was the last time he commented a QB's footwork or a lineman using his hands right or anything other than speaking in generalities?

We'll see how much T-Rich comes out of his shell.  Sapp was once the quiet one on Inside the NFL.  He hardly said a word when he started out (which made the show immensely better, lol).  T-Rich is also wearing nerd glasses so you know he's going to say something smart.

Also I didn't see the whole show week 1.  I don't remember him being there.  Thought it was just the other 3.

I couldn't disagree more.  Lucas rips everyone and always seems pissed off with the team, from management & coaching down to individual players.  I have no idea what show you've been watching.  Greg Buttle is the ridiculous homer who feels, even in the face of obvious failure, that the Jets and everyone associated with the team can do no wrong.

Schein can't and couldn't contribute to the nuances of someone's play.  Things they're doing right & wrong, beyond whining, "Ya can't make that throw."  Schein was one of the biggest Sanchez apologists before he 180'd on him.  Lucas is far more interesting when you've got a rookie QB.  He can relay a lot of stuff from being a QB (and an NFL player in general).  What likely goes on in the locker room.  He is a little too ass-kissy with Parcells, and invokes his name too often, but he owes Tuna his career so I guess it's only right.  Plus Parcells and Rex couldn't be more polar opposites personality and style-wise so it makes for a good contrast in a discussion.  

IMO Schein added absolutely nothing of substance.  Ever.  If nothing else, Richardson is addition by subtraction. Schein made the show hard to watch at times because he just doesn't know the sport as well as the other two.  When was the last time he commented a QB's footwork or a lineman using his hands right or anything other than speaking in generalities?

We'll see how much T-Rich comes out of his shell.  Sapp was once the quiet one on Inside the NFL.  He hardly said a word when he started out (which made the show immensely better, lol).  T-Rich is also wearing nerd glasses so you know he's going to say something smart.

Also I didn't see the whole show week 1.  I don't remember him being there.  Thought it was just the other 3.

Scheins role in the show was that of the obnoxious antagonist, and he played it well.  Lucas and Klecko are there for breaking down plays.  His job was to inject some humor and troll the other 2.  Most fans don't have the patience or desire to sit through an hour + show of just the facts.  They need a little tension or disagreement in order for them to stay tuned.

Lucas isn't the typical "homer" but he has always leaned on the side of the Jets.  Sure he'll critique players and or coaches but ultimately you can tell he's a fan and wants to see them do well.  Most of the time he can't bring himself to pick against them.

Klecko is fine but vanilla.  He gives the meat and potatoes review but rarely says anything funny or controversial.

You might be right about this being T-Rich's first appearance.  I might have been thinking about last year when he was on Jetnation a couple times.

Scheins role in the show was that of the obnoxious antagonist, and he played it well.  Lucas and Klecko are there for breaking down plays.  His job was to inject some humor and troll the other 2.  Most fans don't have the patience or desire to sit through an hour + show of just the facts.  They need a little tension or disagreement in order for them to stay tuned.

Lucas isn't the typical "homer" but he has always leaned on the side of the Jets.  Sure he'll critique players and or coaches but ultimately you can tell he's a fan and wants to see them do well.  Most of the time he can't bring himself to pick against them.

Klecko is fine but vanilla.  He gives the meat and potatoes review but rarely says anything funny or controversial.

You might be right about this being T-Rich's first appearance.  I might have been thinking about last year when he was on Jetnation a couple times.

They're all going to lean on the side of the Jets.  It's a Jets show and ALL of them are fans of the team.  Schein was no less of a homer.  What's more, he doesn't understand the game as well as the others.  They already have that Brian-something guy; they don't need two that just make nothing but general comments when it's obvious someone was really good or really bad.

Schein, if anything, encouraged me to NOT stay tuned.  He is not funny, not smart, certainly not football-smart, and IMO was not entertaining.  He is a fool who is only on the air because he has that stupid inflection in his voice.  There's far better insight on this message board than he'd ever be capable of. 

Archived