Steven Jackson Could Be Out 2-4 Weeks.

BroadwayJoe12

A source tells NFL Network that Steven Jackson (thigh) could be out 2-4 weeks.
Officially, Jackson is "week to week." But it's not a surprise that the Falcons expect him to be slow to recover from a soft-tissue injury. Jackson is 30 years old and struggled for a month when he pulled his quad in Week 1 of the 2011 season. This pull sounds like it's of the Grade 2 variety. Jacquizz Rodgers will fill in as the starter, but he's proven incapable when given chances before (3.55 YPC, two TDs on 164 career carries). Look for the Falcons to go with an extremely pass-heavy attack and use Jason Snelling in goal-line situations. Quizz is a far better add in PPR formats.
Related: Jacquizz Rodgers

While it's not imminent that he will be missing the game against us, it certainly would help us limit them to being the one-dimensional passing attack that they really are.  Couple that with the high-ankle sprain Roddy White is still suffering from and a lot of these teams that were guaranteed losses on our schedule are starting to show some chinks in the armor.  I'll reiterate that I do not expect to win this game, but injuries like these certainly do not hurt.  APE will love this as they play the pats the week prior and that will continue their line of luck.  

With 10 days of prep, I personally expect Rex to confuse Manuel to the point where he's tucking the ball and running after only 1 second in the pocket.  If we can follow that up with a win against the titans, who knows, maybe we can steal a couple of those games from the nightmare schedule.

Archived