Ex Charger found dead at 29

TechJet

180868-0-600.jpg

Sept. 24: Paul Oliver, 1984-2013

Despite a brief stint with the Saints, Oliver was best known as a member of the Chargers. He played college ball at Georgia, where he was a member of the Parade All-America team. The Chargers acquired him in the 2007 supplemental draft. Oliver, 29, reportedly took his own life.

This is so tragic. So young and talented. R.I.P "homie" R.I.P

equating the mentally ill with idiots. oh how far we haven't come.

He shot himself in the head, selfishly leaving behind friends and family.  

I didn't read anywhere that he was mentally ill...and even if he was, there are so many treatment options available (it is 2013) that are far smarter than taking your life. 

I'll say it again.  He's (was) an idiot.

He shot himself in the head, selfishly leaving behind friends and family.

I didn't read anywhere that he was mentally ill...and even if he was, there are so many treatment options available (it is 2013) that are far smarter than taking your life.

I'll say it again. He's (was) an idiot.

because clearly people in good mental health kill themselves all the time. you know who equates the mentally ill with idiots? actual idiots.

because clearly people in good mental health kill themselves all the time. you know who equates the mentally ill with idiots? actual idiots.

Not all mentally ill people are idiots.  Just the one's that give up on life, and especially the ones that leave behind two children and a wife. 

This kid had talent, resources, and a support system to get through life's little hiccups.  He chose the easy way out.  **** him. 

If you want to attend his memorial service, or send flowers, be my guest. But don't put words in my mouth, or call me an idiot for being mad at someone for taking their life.

Archived