REX needs to have respect for the team.

00tonytone_8809

Jets fans are like all others win a couple of games and we think we can win the Super bowl- this team had and continues to have flaws the rookie QB one of them. Can he learn to get better -that is the question that must be answered. Many skeptics including me for him to show

yes and only time will answered that,WICH SUCKS FOR US JETS FANS

IF GENO keeps turning the ball over. he needs to make a change. even if its trying out Joe Shmo at QB. Give the rest of the team a chance to win.

That BS that the WR have to do a better job is ridiculous . Geno's passes are gonna get a WR killed. it only got 2 WR hurt this week, but eventually somebody is gonna get killed.

He didn't get Holmes hurt, and Holmes probably isn't hurt anyway, 31-6 at the time he " tweaked" his hammy he wanted out if that game he's not taking any unnecessary hits this year...

IF GENO keeps turning the ball over. he needs to make a change. even if its trying out Joe Shmo at QB. Give the rest of the team a chance to win.

That BS that the WR have to do a better job is ridiculous . Geno's passes are gonna get a WR killed. it only got 2 WR hurt this week, but eventually somebody is gonna get killed.

Geno's pass didnt get Hill killed, Hills reaction after not attempting to get the football along with the safety deciding to take a cheap shot is what got Hill blown up. Watch that play again. I dont know about this second WR that Geno got hurt either. Nonetheless, the Safety seen the opportunity to hit Hill and he did. If Hill would have caught the pass he would have had more than enough time to brace. The interception caused him to react differently, he stood there looking and got his chest blown up by a helmet which should have been a penalty. 

Brady Quinn had 2 TD and 8 INT last year with just 5 YPP and he had Dexter Mcluster and Dwayne Bowe at WR plus Jamal Charles out of the backfield. If Geno has those weapons, McCluster would be on IR, Bowe would have a concussion, and Charles would have a pulled hamstring.    

fixed

He had Garrard and he had Sanchez. Garrard walked away and Sanchez got blown up by a Giant in the fourth quarter of a preseason game. I don't see how this falls on Idzik.

Sanchez sucked and shouldve been run out of town after the butt fumble , Garrad was lame and shouldve been put down 2 years ago

I don't see how you don't see this is idziks fault

If the Jets believe that Geno is QB of the future material, they need to stick with him as the starter.

Now, he melted down pretty completely on Sunday, and I probably would've pulled him in the fourth quarter of that game, but I would've gone back to him as the starter this week. And that would be my plan going forward. Have Simms ready to go in if Geno's falling apart, but go back to him as the starter the following week.

I'd stick with that until I determined that Geno isn't getting it, or isn't getting better - and hope that time doesn't come this season.

Idzik doesn't strike me as much of a vacillator. Whatever percent chance Idzik initially may have given Rex of coming back that number is lower today after the first quarter of the season.

Lulz. Based on what? All of his interviews? His press conferences? His body of work? His biopic on the Lifetime Channel? Truth is we don't know anything about the Jets' reclusive GM, but I do get a kick out of you assigning him qualities you hope he has.

Sanchez sucked and shouldve been run out of town after the butt fumble , Garrad was lame and shouldve been put down 2 years ago

I don't see how you don't see this is idziks fault

Idzik was presumably looking for a stopgap starter when he signed a QB who hadn't dressed for an NFL game in two years to fill that role. He took an unnecessary risk at the most important position on the field, and got burned. Simple as that. Saying, "Garrard walked away," doesn't absolve Idzik. He should've been much more aware of that very real possibility when he interviewed him - and then he should've went after a different QB.

Lulz. Based on what? All of his interviews? His press conferences? His body of work? His biopic on the Lifetime Channel? Truth is we don't know anything about the Jets' reclusive GM, but I do get a kick out of you assigning him qualities you hope he has.

The clearest example we have is the Revis negotiations where he established a price and let Mark Domenik twist in the wind until they gave up that price. That's a concrete example of a characteristic, unlike the ones you choose to ascribe to the Future Rex Ryan.

Idzik was presumably looking for a stopgap starter when he signed a QB who hadn't dressed for an NFL game in two years to fill that role. He took an unnecessary risk at the most important position on the field, and got burned. Simple as that. Saying, "Garrard walked away," doesn't absolve Idzik. He should've been much more aware of that very real possibility when he interviewed him - and then he should've went after a different QB.

Idzik should have been aware that when Garrard passed his physical and signed a contract that he didn't really mean it?

Idzik should have been aware that when Garrard passed his physical and signed a contract that he didn't really mean it?

He shouldn't've signed a QB who hadn't dressed for an NFL game in two years to be his short term answer at QB, period. There were other QBs out there who had played more recently. Even signing a guy for two or three years wouldn't've been a bad move, because the Jets right now only have Geno Smith penciled in on the 2014 roster, anyway.

He took an unnecessary risk to get a QB -the most important position on the field- on the cheap, and it completely backfired.

He shouldn't've signed a QB who hadn't dressed for an NFL game in two years to be his short term answer at QB, period. There were other QBs out there who had played more recently. Even signing a guy for two or three years wouldn't've been a bad move, because the Jets right now only have Geno Smith penciled in on the 2014 roster, anyway.

He took an unnecessary risk to get a QB -the most important position on the field- on the cheap, and it completely backfired.

Exactly. it's mind boggling that people don't see it.

also .. the MM felating needs to settle down, having geno pass so frequently when he's clearly in over his head is another issue. SMC said early that Sanchez looked better, and he did.. but he was asked to do a lot less

Archived