Looking Ahead to the Bengals

Gen X Jet

Lol, ease the reigns back a bit. Dline isn't better than Bengals. Cro can't cover AJ Green for long. Their tightends will find space. Gio is better out of the backfield. Who said their offense is 2/3rds running? You've got that at least backwards, their O Coord. is from the Arena leagues he's all about the pass, plus they run a West Coastesque offense that takes shots. Jets won't be able to run on them, and even with Leon Hall gone they still have a deep secondary.   So many people drinking the Kool Aid.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Geno Smith kinda looks like a retarded duck?

geno-smith.jpg3795_howard-the-duck-1352657605.jpg

what are you talking about?

The duck is white.  That did make me laugh though 

Based on the every other week performance of Geno, he's bound to suck this week.  It's science.

I think it has a lot to do with the defense he plays against.  The pats have a very bad defense, worse than Pitt even if the stats in week 1-6 dont show it.  If Cincy's defense is legit, Geno is more apt to struggle at this point in his career.  Maybe he will be able to find his way against good defenses after the by week or more toward the end of the year but as a rookie QB, I expect him to be more influenced by the skill across the ball rather than his own.

I think it has a lot to do with the defense he plays against.  The pats have a very bad defense, worse than Pitt even if the stats in week 1-6 dont show it.  If Cincy's defense is legit, Geno is more apt to struggle at this point in his career.  Maybe he will be able to find his way against good defenses after the by week or more toward the end of the year but as a rookie QB, I expect him to be more influenced by the skill across the ball rather than his own.

The Pats defense hasnt been very bad this year. They've actually been pretty good. Losing Wilfork, Mayo and Talib obviously helped us a lot though. Especially Talib. Game is probably different if he plays. But that's not a bad defense....Brady's actually been protected by it this year.

I think the Jets are going to roll Cinci. Marvin Lewis is a terrible coach and Jets need this one more. As an aside- Bengals have a WR named Marvin Jones :-0

I agree we match up well against these guys.....and we have played well in Cincy.....

Archived