The Jets havent had a true #1 WR since Keyshawn Johnson

joewilly12

Watkins is phenom, but there's a couple of guys that I really really like this year outside of Watkins and Lee: Odell Beckham JR, Brandin Cooks and Jordan Matthews are all guys that I think can become big time players.

Still liking Beckham over Landry?  Feel like Landry is the better pure WR where Beckham is more of your smaller slot WR/return type of guy.  I'd take either though I'd prefer Landry from what I've seen.

Love Matthews.  Evans.  Staying in the SEC, those Mizzou WR's are monsters.  Big, powerful, explosive...those guys are hard to cover, they beat corners up...watch those dudes in the that championship game.  Very physical. 

I want Watkins but the Jets dont have that type of luck.

Still liking Beckham over Landry?  Feel like Landry is the better pure WR where Beckham is more of your smaller slot WR/return type of guy.  I'd take either though I'd prefer Landry from what I've seen.

Love Matthews.  Evans.  Staying in the SEC, those Mizzou WR's are monsters.  Big, powerful, explosive...those guys are hard to cover, they beat corners up...watch those dudes in the that championship game.  Very physical. 

I want Watkins but the Jets dont have that type of luck.

I do, I can't help it. I haven't seen a better pure-hands catcher in college football in a long time: he just attacks the football in air, reminds me of a much more explosive and physically imposing Kerley.  Landry is great too, I suppose it depends on what  you want: he reminds me a lot of what Antonio Brown is doing currently with the Steelers. Great route runner, can take it to the house on any touch, but is also a first down machine who's low ypc masks his explosiveness.

I haven't checked out the Mizzou guys live, but am very excited to watch the championship game. This is shaping up to be a solid draft WR-needy teams. Brandin Cooks is emerging as one of my non-first round favorites as well.

I am not high on Manziel, I would prefer Bryn Renner in the 4th or 5th to battle with Geno and Simms next season.

I don't like Manziel either and really NO college QB jumps out at me. Jets would be better served trying to trade for a Kirk Cousins or sign Jay Cutler as a FA. Another rookie QB makes NO SENSE at all and will only serve to set things back ANOTHER two years.

The Jets should inquire and offer the #1 in the draft for him.

Are you nuts??!!! This guy is one lighted spliff from a year's suspension. He is having a terrific season no doubt, but his character says he will get that suspension early next season. Maybe in the off season. Blackmon would less of a risk and he has some skills, which is why I doubt Jax let's him go.

The Plaxico Burress project another very bad moment in Jets history,

Discuss

Keyshawn Johnson was just another in a LONG LINE of first round mistakes by the Jets. Marvin Harrison was available and BETTER, and others that SHOULD have been taken include Jonathan Ogden and a guy named Ray Lewis - YES THAT Ray Lewis. Key was a good - but certainly not great (though he thought he was) and was NOT worthy of the first overall pick in the draft.

Keyshawn Johnson was just another in a LONG LINE of first round mistakes by the Jets. Marvin Harrison was available and BETTER, and others that SHOULD have been taken include Jonathan Ogden and a guy named Ray Lewis - YES THAT Ray Lewis. Key was a good - but certainly not great (though he thought he was) and was NOT worthy of the first overall pick in the draft.

No one knew that Marvin Harrison was going to be good (and the jury still out on whether Manning was the reason) Yes Odgen would have been a nice pick but the O-line wasn't the reason - at the time Keyshawn was the best pick for the Jets.

Archived