Jets' playoff scenarios: Chances slim but not dead

Steveg

the Panthers have a short week and by the way their vaunted defense looked like garbage last week

the Jets are trending up and the Panthers are trending down. I don't have faith that the Jets will win this game, but they should be competitive and cover. 

Short week?  They played Sunday night,  not monday.

Honestly,..looking at the OP....it's not as crazy as it sounds....not saying we get in but hey who knows

I've been drinking Hieny Lights since noon, and it gets crazier sounding the more I drink, and usually that works the opposite, so this must be one of those situations where a crazy amount of alcohol doesn't even cloud your judgement, but actually improves it! Oh Well, Contract Extension for Rex! I'm gonna drink some more!

The one thing all of us jet fans should be proud of is that the giants are eliminated way before the jets. The Fact that our team is still kicking with 3 weeks to go is great fun. Anything is possible with the jets now they need a lot to fall their way. Ya Gotta Believe!

Proud? I guess, but smart? Hell No! Watching the Giants pick 10th in the draft while we pick 14th, and the press is positive about the Giants, and the usual Negative surrounding our beloved Jets as usual will suck even more, so pride goes right out the window! Super Bowl, or bust, might as well go 0-16 if your not going to make the SB!

if youre thinking about playoffs you are part of the problem.

See what I mean about fake fan syndrome, people?

Here we are entering week 15 and we're in contention. ESPN said we were the worst team in all of the NFL to start the season. But here we are in contention in week 15, in a re-building season, and fakeass fans wanna say **** like that.

Ravens will lose to Patriots and Lions and finish 8-8, Jets will beat Carolina and Cleveland, Dolphins will lose to New England, setting up a Week 17 Matchup between the 8-7 Dolphins and the 8-7 Jets to see who goes to the playoffs. Mark it down!

Jets and Dolphins playing for the 6th seed....Now you're talkin' !!!

The one thing all of us jet fans should be proud of is that the giants are eliminated way before the jets. The Fact that our team is still kicking with 3 weeks to go is great fun. Anything is possible with the jets now they need a lot to fall their way. Ya Gotta Believe!

Oh yeah, we are delighted that the AFC is pitiful, and in the NFC, you have to have a real good football team that doesnt finish 8-8 and gets a wildcard based on tiebreakers.

The NFC with:

New Orleans, Carolina, Seattle, Sanfrancisco, Philapdelphia, Arizona, Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit

are all in the fight, with good or great teams

The AFC with:

Denver, Kansas City, Idianapolis, Cinncinnati, and NE ar all solid teams but then we have:

Baltimore, Miami, Jets, Tenn, Pitt fighting to get a bad draft pick and trounced in the first round. Hey but if we stay "mathematically alive", the drinking phrase along with "extend Rex", will keep us happy until week 17.

Oh yeah, we are delighted that the AFC is pitiful, and in the NFC, you have to have a real good football team that doesnt finish 8-8 and gets a wildcard based on tiebreakers.

The NFC with:

New Orleans, Carolina, Seattle, Sanfrancisco, Philapdelphia, Arizona, Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit

are all in the fight, with good or great teams

The AFC with:

Denver, Kansas City, Idianapolis, Cinncinnati, and NE ar all solid teams but then we have:

Baltimore, Miami, Jets, Tenn, Pitt fighting to get a bad draft pick and trounced in the first round. Hey but if we stay "mathematically alive", the drinking phrase along with "extend Rex", will keep us happy until week 17.

Like in 09?

Oh no, do one of these teams play DENVER the last game of the season, and is Curtis Painter, still around to replace Peyton, so that another team can get the Christmas gift of a lifetime?

1. Jets were winning when Peyton Manning and the starters were pulled :)

2. Not relevant to the DEEP PLAYOFF RUN they made that year, which was my point.

1. Jets were winning when Peyton Manning and the starters were pulled :)

2. Not relevant to the DEEP PLAYOFF RUN they made that year, which was my point.

Are you sure? I thought Peyton had them up like 10-3, and then Painter came in and immdediately fumbled on like his 10 yard line, and the rest is history.

Could someone confirm that the Jets were winning when Peyton left the game?

Are you sure? I thought Peyton had them up like 10-3, and then Painter came in and immdediately fumbled on like his 10 yard line, and the rest is history.

Could someone confirm that the Jets were winning when Peyton left the game?

We're both wrong, mostly I'm wrong.

The Colts did have the lead when Manning was pulled, but by a measly 15-10 in the 3rd. I think what I meant to say is that the Jets did have the lead well into the game (in the 3rd before Manning was pulled) at 10-9 after Brad Smith's KO return.

Either way it was a close game, and something I'll always laugh about when it comes to Francesa's reaction (said the Jets had 0% chance to win the game had the Colts not pulled their starters, which is just flat out ridiculous considering how competitive the game had been to that point.)

The Colts did have the lead when Manning was pulled, but by a measly 15-10 in the 3rd. I think what I meant to say is that the Jets did have the lead well into the game (in the 3rd before Manning was pulled) at 10-9 after Brad Smith's KO return.

Either way it was a close game, and something I'll always laugh about when it comes to Francesa's reaction (said the Jets had 0% chance to win the game had the Colts not pulled their starters, which is just flat out ridiculous considering how competitive the game had been to that point.)

Francesca obviously had his own agenda, and 0% is absurd. I would have put it about 20%, that the Jets would have won that game about 1 out of every 5.

I remember watching that game, and thinking, damn, they are not going to pull Peyton, and then BAM, Painter comes in and looks like he has never been on a football field. He was just plain HORRENDUS. I think I went for a beer and the Jets went from down 5 to up like 10 in the time it took me to get to the fridge.

Most of the time Manning takes over in the second half.   Would he? Who knows.     But being the Colts and Manning lit up the Jets secondary in the second half of the AFC Championship game, you kind of see that most of the time, the Jets lose that game.    It's ridiculous to say Manning and various other starters sitting almost an entire second half had nothing to do with the Jets winning.     

It was a great run, a good year, but the issue became the Jets, Rex, Woody, Tanny, and many Jets fans thought this team and even Sanchez were better than they actually were.    And they continued down that path into where they are at now.     Bad contracts, bad signings, bad draft picks,  bad coaching moves, and more.    If the Jets sneak into the playoffs at 8-8 and wind up losing in the first round, people start to think this team is just a few players away.   And while we as fans hope the organization doesn't think that, it's rarely the case.   Rose colored glasses have ruined many careers.   

It's always nice to see the Jets make the playoffs, but it doesn't hide the fact that this team stinks.   It doesn't hide the fact that the Jags still have a chance to make the playoffs. And they suck even worse.   Sometimes you just luck into the playoffs because of a bad division, bad year by many teams, bad conference.  If you continue to improve the team, then it's one hell of a lucky run.  If you win, wow, go ask the Giants.   But if you lose and continue to get worse because of these delusional thoughts,  you wind up like the Jets.   A team who is always around 8-8, but always seems to depend on luck to sneak into the playoffs and always seems to wind up doing the same thing for years.

4:00-4:25 last Sunday and this Thursday really hurt the Jets chances. They'd bee the chargers to lose. That's not likely against Oakland or KC in week 17 when they don't have anything to play for. There is potential KC could be playing for the division so maybe that helps.

Baltimore has a tough go at it but squeezing out that game last week was huge. They could lose 2 of the last 3 against Detroit, NE and Cincy. The bengals may have it on cruise control in week 17 though.

Of course this depends on the Jets winning out. Knowing them, they'll beat Carolina and then lose to Cleveland.

4:00-4:25 last Sunday and this Thursday really hurt the Jets chances. They'd bee the chargers to lose. That's not likely against Oakland or KC in week 17 when they don't have anything to play for. There is potential KC could be playing for the division so maybe that helps.

Baltimore has a tough go at it but squeezing out that game last week was huge. They could lose 2 of the last 3 against Detroit, NE and Cincy. The bengals may have it on cruise control in week 17 though.

Of course this depends on the Jets winning out. Knowing them, they'll beat Carolina and then lose to Cleveland.

Damn, not once did I hear "mathematically alive".

sundays raven win hurt, last night san diego's win might of been the final nail in the coffin. pretty much got to win out and hope they go 8-8. we lose all tie breakers if we finish 8-8 with any afc team i believe

If the Jets, and Dolphins tie at 8-8, and the Jets beat the Dolphins in week 17 the Jets would hold the tie breaker, but that's it at 8-8, their might be a weird scenario against SD to, but I'm not sure.

Archived