My 1st Jet only Mock

SickJetFan

I like it, it hits all the areas of need for us, although the combine and workouts are going to be big for Evans in order to show that he can gain separation at the next level. I know a lot of people like to draw the Marques Colston comparison, but his game reminds me a lot of Jimmy Graham. He's certainly got the long speed, he's just going to have to prove that he can succeed without 40% of his plays being on comebacks from Manziel's scramble. 

Love Mettenberger, but I'm an obvious homer on that pick. Truth be told, with his ACL injury and inability to participate in any LSU's bowl game, senior bowl or combine, he might drop to the 3rd or lower, which he'd be a steal. 

Don't know much about Xavier, other than that he and Yankey seemed to be the favorite underclassman to come out, so can't really speak on him. The two guys I've actually seen who remind me a lot of Warford are Cyril Richardson and Gabe Jackson, the former being the best guy I've seen this year. 

Jif could probably speak more on Watkins' behalf than myself, but that seems to be about where he's being projected as of now. 

Don't know anything about Jackson, but ILB is going to be a need of Harris doesn't restructure and you can usually find a serviceable one in the 4th, especially with Davis coming on recently. 

I used to love Colt Lyerla as he reminded me of an Aaron Hernandez Clone... It's just too bad that he turns out to actually be, an Aaron Hernandez clone. He's got all the talent in the world, but I suspect he's going to be taken completely off a lot of team's draft boards. Possession of cocaine, only had two catches in three games before leaving the team, left the rehab program etc.  Still, it'd be good value that far down. 

I like all the positions addressed, I think we need to wait until after the bowl games, all star games and combine to get a feel for where these guys really will get drafted. It's not surprising to see guys thought of as top10 picks all season long by draftniks get dropped to the 2nd or 3rd.  But if it fell like this, it seems to hit all our needs well.

I like it, it hits all the areas of need for us, although the combine and workouts are going to be big for Evans in order to show that he can gain separation at the next level. I know a lot of people like to draw the Marques Colston comparison, but his game reminds me a lot of Jimmy Graham. He's certainly got the long speed, he's just going to have to prove that he can succeed without 40% of his plays being on comebacks from Manziel's scramble. 

Love Mettenberger, but I'm an obvious homer on that pick. Truth be told, with his ACL injury and inability to participate in any LSU's bowl game, senior bowl or combine, he might drop to the 3rd or lower, which he'd be a steal. 

Don't know much about Xavier, other than that he and Yankey seemed to be the favorite underclassman to come out, so can't really speak on him. The two guys I've actually seen who remind me a lot of Warford are Cyril Richardson and Gabe Jackson, the former being the best guy I've seen this year. 

Jif could probably speak more on Watkins' behalf than myself, but that seems to be about where he's being projected as of now. 

Don't know anything about Jackson, but ILB is going to be a need of Harris doesn't restructure and you can usually find a serviceable one in the 4th, especially with Davis coming on recently. 

I used to love Colt Lyerla as he reminded me of an Aaron Hernandez Clone... It's just too bad that he turns out to actually be, an Aaron Hernandez clone. He's got all the talent in the world, but I suspect he's going to be taken completely off a lot of team's draft boards. Possession of cocaine, only had two catches in three games before leaving the team, left the rehab program etc.  Still, it'd be good value that far down. 

I like all the positions addressed, I think we need to wait until after the bowl games, all star games and combine to get a feel for where these guys really will get drafted. It's not surprising to see guys thought of as top10 picks all season long by draftniks get dropped to the 2nd or 3rd.  But if it fell like this, it seems to hit all our needs well.

I like Evens because he is almost like an extra TE and WR and a safety net for whatever bad QB the jets play next year.  But would not mind Carr in this spot either even if it in an overdraft.

I like Mett too he is poor man Flacco but also Like Aaron Murray as he played real well against good teams.  I know he is projected to be back up and is too short but I think he has great vision and awareness basically everything good Geno is not but his size does scare me.

I also like Mike Davis as sleeper and the Thug TE man he looks really good on tape.  The ILB Andrew Jackson payed well against good competition.  He always seemed to be moving forward.  He is probably a little too big and slow to be a number one but I thought he would do well in packages and would be worth a late 4th.

I like that WR Penn State Allen Robinson - If Geno didnt suck so bad I would pick up both Evens and Robinson with 1st 2 picks.Would still do that if maybe we could get Aaron Murray or someone in later rounds and then bring in veteran to compete.

Archived