1st pick mite be defense

Jetknowledge

I'd be shocked but thrilled if either Barr or Mack fell to us.  Doubt we get that lucky.

Would be surprising, but it's early. And that's the scenario I think that ends up being the most likely way they go defense. Otherwise value/need probably doesn't match up (unless they need a safety).

Byrd wants to be among the top paid DB's that's not smart for us to do, especially if you give out that type of money and they don't play as good as you hoped for.

Haynesworth, mario williams, santonio holmes, etc.

Safeties don't get nearly the kind of money defensive linemen or wideouts get. Not all significant high contract guys bust either, the Jets have tons of money to spend, and Byrd would fill a huge need.

Hopefully Sammy Watkins fails another drug test between now, and May, and he falls in our laps!

Better yet someone go out, and make sure to get this dude High on that good sh*t right before his combine drug test to make it a lock, and we can stop arguing over who the best defensive player available is that we're probably going to take at 18!

CRO can arrange this. After all, he says everyone is doing it.

Would be surprising, but it's early. And that's the scenario I think that ends up being the most likely way they go defense. Otherwise value/need probably doesn't match up (unless they need a safety).

Safeties don't get nearly the kind of money defensive linemen or wideouts get. Not all significant high contract guys bust either, the Jets have tons of money to spend, and Byrd would fill a huge need.

True, but we still Byrd wants to be highest paid safety.

Eric Weddle is making 7 million this year out of his 50 million dollar contract I believe.

Troy is making 8.2 million this year.

Soon Mo will be getting extended.

Why waste money.

NO SPLASHES, Just some quality players. And draft great talent

True, but we still Byrd wants to be highest paid safety.

Eric Weddle is making 7 million this year out of his 50 million dollar contract I believe.

Troy is making 8.2 million this year.

Soon Mo will be getting extended.

Why waste money.

NO SPLASHES, Just some quality players. And draft great talent

Just because Byrd wants to be the highest paid safety doesn't mean he'll actually get it. I assume $6, maybe $7 million a year. Much than that and yeah, I could see passing. Splash for a splash doesn't make any sense, but a great fit at a position of need does. I don't want them breaking the bank for a WR since I don't see a true #1 in this class. But Byrd is a damn good safety, on a big but not massive deal he's a really solid fit.

Just because Byrd wants to be the highest paid safety doesn't mean he'll actually get it. I assume $6, maybe $7 million a year. Much than that and yeah, I could see passing. Splash for a splash doesn't make any sense, but a great fit at a position of need does. I don't want them breaking the bank for a WR since I don't see a true #1 in this class. But Byrd is a damn good safety, on a big but not massive deal he's a really solid fit.

I totally agree but I don't see him going anywhere for less then 8 million a year.

He's the best safety in our division for that alone I would love him on our side but that's a contract I wouldn't give out.

I totally agree but I don't see him going anywhere for less then 8 million a year.

He's the best safety in our division for that alone I would love him on our side but that's a contract I wouldn't give out.

Well we'll see, hopefully he goes for less than you think he will and comes to the Jets.

Agreed on not wanting to drop that much on a safety - though I'd imagine he'll want to get out of Buffalo if they don't franchise him. Not many players want to be in Buffalo - they have to pay a premium to keep guys around. Maybe I could see going to $8M a year on a 4 year deal if it's frontloaded and they're not going to use the cap room this year anyway. It'll be interesting to see where the money gets spent this offseason. 

Archived