1st pick mite be defense

Jetknowledge

John idzik says he fills needs with FA and drafts for talent.

With that being said the most talent in the 1st round is on defense but with alot of people being so wowed by the QB's & WR's they may not have noticed how many safeties & corners of great quality will be coming out.

How would you feel taking 1 of them instead of offense?

John idzik says he fills needs with FA and drafts for talent.

With that being said the most talent in the 1st round is on defense but with alot of people being so wowed by the QB's & WR's they may not have noticed how many safeties & corners of great quality will be coming out.

How would you feel taking 1 of them instead of offense?

Hey, when did you hear Idzik say that?

you know what, if it is D, OLB/edge rush is the way to go. I mean, I'll seriously debate with anyone that's the best front 7 in football w/ Mo-Snacks-Richardson-Coples-Harris-Davis-Mack.

If we go that route I just hope whoever it is, is a all around talent.

Must be a relentless rusher but still can play olb in a 4-3 and cover

http://m.newyorkjets.com/

I can't share it off my mobile device but it's labeled

John Idzik: we want to be more productive

I like it.

Best player available. My take-away is that the needs we have at that 2014 starter level will likely be addressed in FA, and the draft will be looked upon purely as a way of bolstering and stockpiling the roster with talent. Lots of GMs try to put this sort of philosophy in place, but few actually pull it off.

Lots of talk of Anthony Barr slipping because of inconsistent film. Supposedly high character, hard worker, only been playing defense two years, was productive and is a freaky athlete. If he interviews well and falls to 18 he'd be well worth the dice roll I think. Khalil Mack would be awesome too.

The sense that I get - and I'm far from capable of scouting corners effectively - is that the CB's in this draft for the most part are physically talented but unpolished as cover guys or solid cover guys with speed questions (Dennard). I'm not sure Idzik wants to take either in the first especially with a future #1 corner on the roster.

Safety they'd be better off signing Byrd but could make sense. 

Lots of talk of Anthony Barr slipping because of inconsistent film. Supposedly high character, hard worker, only been playing defense two years, was productive and is a freaky athlete. If he interviews well and falls to 18 he'd be well worth the dice roll I think. Khalil Mack would be awesome too.

The sense that I get - and I'm far from capable of scouting corners effectively - is that the CB's in this draft for the most part are physically talented but unpolished as cover guys or solid cover guys with speed questions (Dennard). I'm not sure Idzik wants to take either in the first especially with a future #1 corner on the roster.

I'd be shocked but thrilled if either Barr or Mack fell to us.  Doubt we get that lucky.

I'm not sure if Pryor is the rite fit for us, doesn't he start a lot of fites on the side-lines?

The best quality of Rex is how he can deal with character issues of his players and bring the best out of them on defense.

And we need to get tougher inthe back end.

I wanted the safety his brother took last year more, than milliner

Byrd wants to be among the top paid DB's that's not smart for us to do, especially if you give out that type of money and they don't play as good as you hoped for.

Haynesworth, mario williams, santonio holmes, etc.

The best quality of Rex is how he can deal with character issues of his players and bring the best out of them on defense.

And we need to get tougher inthe back end.

I wanted the safety his brother took last year more, than milliner

Milliner was considered a top-five pick.  If he pans out, and starts playing to his potential, he's clearly the better selection. 

He also needs to stay healthy.  That's been a real issue with him.

Health smealth.  It seems like all of our guys caught the injury bug last year.  He needs off-season work to refine his technique and to learn how to react; not get caught thinking on the job. 

Health smealth.  It seems like all of our guys caught the injury bug last year.  He needs off-season work to refine his technique and to learn how to react; not get caught thinking on the job. 

Sure.  But he's been an injury guy.  Hopefully he gets stronger in the offseason program.  I expect him to get better on the field, but he can't help from the sidelines and with no Revis and no Cro, we can't have Milliner out.

Milliner was considered a top-five pick. If he pans out, and starts playing to his potential, he's clearly the better selection.

But the safety i'm referringto was the top safety taken, I cannot recall his name but he plays for the saints.

We need better safeties and he's a potential all pro in every category. He as wellhad a better season then milliner by miles.

But the safety i'm referringto was the top safety taken, I cannot recall his name but he plays for the saints.

We need better safeties and he's a potential all pro in every category. He as wellhad a better season then milliner by miles.

Kenny Vaccarro, Texas.  

Positionally speaking, CBs are more important.  Especially if they are projected to be a CB1, and lock-down the opponents top receiver. 

Kenny Vaccarro, Texas.

Positionally speaking, CBs are more important. Especially if they are projected to be a CB1, and lock-down the opponents top receiver.

Yes thank you.

But regardless a great safety makes a corner job easier.

Sherman has Kam, & Earl covering his but.

And they help him ALOT only CB I ever seen consistently succeed on a island alone was Revis.

Hopefully Sammy Watkins fails another drug test between now, and May, and he falls in our laps!

Better yet someone go out, and make sure to get this dude High on that good sh*t right before his combine drug test to make it a lock, and we can stop arguing over who the best defensive player available is that we're probably going to take at 18!

Hopefully Sammy Watkins fails another drug test between now, and May, and he falls in our laps!

Better yet someone go out, and make sure to get this dude High on that good sh*t right before his combine drug test to make it a lock, and we can stop arguing over who the best defensive player available is that we're probably going to take at 18!

I like the way you think

Yes thank you.

But regardless a great safety makes a corner job easier.

Sherman has Kam, & Earl covering his but.

And they help him ALOT only CB I ever seen consistently succeed on a island alone was Revis.

You do realize that Sherman and kam were 5th round picks.   

Archived