History repeating itself.......

JOJOTOWNSELL

plz sign desean and blow the top off this offense!

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/keyshawn-insists-gang-tag-bad-rap-article-1.818629

KEYSHAWN INSISTS GANG TAG A BAD RAP  
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Monday, August 24, 1998, 12:00 AM

Jets WR Keyshawn Johnson scoffed yesterday at a published report in which three Giants defenders accused him of bragging during last Thursday's game that he was a member of the Bloods street gang. "That's a dead issue," Johnson said. "There's no need to discuss it. I'm not here to talk about something that went on on the football field versus a Giants team that lost the football game.

" Johnson suggested the trio of players spoke out of frustration after having allowed a total of 383 yards in their 27-23 loss to the Jets. What about the talk of him belonging to the Bloods? Johnson, who grew up on the mean streets of South Central Los Angeles, didn't wish to discuss that issue, al though he has told friends in the past that he wasn't a member of a street gang. Safeties Percy Ellsworth and Tito Wooten and linebacker Jessie Armstead bashed Johnson for what they described as incessant trash-talking. "He kept yelling about the Bloods and how he was this hard-core gangsta," Wooten was quoted as saying.

No Mo: LB Mo Lewis (ankle) and LT Jumbo Elliott (ankle) didn't practice yesterday. Elliott is expected to return today, and Lewis will be back "very, very shortly," Bill Parcells said. . . . Rookie LB Casey Dailey (foot surgery) is going on injured reserve. That means two more players must be trimmed by tomorrow's mandatory cutdown to 60. . . . WR Wayne Chrebet will sign his four-year extension today. The Jets still will be more than $4 million under the salary cap. Unsettled: Parcells, summarizing his second training camp, said he still has a "fairly strong degree of uncertainty at several spots.

" Those areas include free safety, left guard and placekicker, where incumbent John Hall is battling newcomer Brett Conway. Happy returns: Leon Johnson continues to earn raves for his punt-returning ability, but don't expect to see him in an expanded role as a running back. Parcells said he doesn't want to over-work him. No argument from Johnson. "I want to do as much as possible, but sometimes you get tired," he said. "If I can come in, run the ball a couple of times and give Curtis (Martin) a break, that would be good. It would help Curtis and it would help myself. I just want to play. Any way to get the ball in my hands.

Archived