Comparing the end of 2014 to the end of 2005

frankiepapa

It looks like we will be in a pretty similar situation after this year as we were after 2005...no coach..murky qb situation...plenty of needs and a high draft pick...Pennington was able to bounce back after the injury...Mangini got the ship turned around and we ended up with two pretty good offensive lineman and made the playoffs...is there any hope for 2015?

It looks like we will be in a pretty similar situation after this year as we were after 2005...no coach..murky qb situation...plenty of needs and a high draft pick...Pennington was able to bounce back after the injury...Mangini got the ship turned around and we ended up with two pretty good offensive lineman and made the playoffs...is there any hope for 2015?

In short No, it's all about getting the right people in, it's a total clean house for me. We need a progressive offence based H.C, and to at least to get some stable Q.B play. We do have some nice pieces (DLine) but most of its NFL average at best, to street F.A bad in the defensive back field.

The main thing is Q.B, it's what it's all about, and for the last 5 years we've been just about the worst in the NFL.

In one year > Probably not

The Jets need to bring in a coach who oversees and has his hands in EVERYTHING. Not just the offense, Not just the Defense. That is what you have coordinators for.  A winning coach that will change the culture of the franchise. I don't know who that guy is yet.

They are still going to need help on the OL, A #1 WR and complete rebuild of the secondary. (Not sold on Millner and McDougle) and of course a QB.

I am not completely sold on Mariotta or Winston. So I would probably look at Amari Cooper to be and be that #1 WR and go and bring in a QB (Hoyer ?) in FA.

You can turn things around in 1 year, not Super Bowl turnaround but each year is different in the NFL.

Our coaching has been abysmal! You find out if you have good coaches & a "system" in how you adapt to changes.

This group has been a complete & utter failure.

Miami turned over 4 of their 5 starting Olineman!

Do we even have a "system", a direction even? When I think of Rex coaching the only thing I have ever seen is that drill he does with the defense when he hikes the ball & has them move in the direction he points the ball.

Or telling everybody "let's go eat a f*cking snack".

The media keeps telling us this isn't Rex fault, that's why I call him "Teflon Rex". He's a likable guy but do any of you fans think that if Rex was hired by Ozzie Newsome the Ravens would play with the same consistency with all the changes they've had since?

This is it for Jet fans, our future is in John Idziks hands, god please let him make the right decision.

And let's hope whoever he picks wants to come to NY & work under this type of scrutiny. Don't for one minute think that anyone who works in the football industry doesn't see the news of planes flying banners, roadside signs, and towels being made asking for Idziks ouster. This is a tough gig.

Archived