#5 Baylor vs. #6 TCU

Jetsmanjb

I'm here in BigXII Country. Yes Baylor beat TCU head to head and as a result if a True champion were crowned it would have been Baylor. Both teams IMO deserved to get in but if one were going to go I would have liked to see TCU. An overwheleming majority of people down here feel TCU can beat all 4 playoff teams and would would have won the Championship.

I'm here in BigXII Country. Yes Baylor beat TCU head to head and as a result if a True champion were crowned it would have been Baylor. Both teams IMO deserved to get in but if one were going to go I would have liked to see TCU. An overwheleming majority of people down here feel TCU can beat all 4 playoff teams and would would have won the Championship.

As a big 12 fan,  why doesn't anybody mention Gary Patterson as an possible NFL coach? Guy is amazing.

^^^^^^ You're absolutely right about Gary Patterson. Here's the issue at hand. TCU is a private school and does not have to reveal salary and or benefits? While a very small school TCU is loaded with rich boosters, most of which in the oil and gas industry. As a result, Gary has been granted a tremendous amount and land/oil/gas royalties which keeps him WELL paid and at TCU. Even though he would be a great NFL coach and I would love for the JETS to land him, he's very comfortable where he is.

Jetsman, to answer your question about why not these 2 teams play again. Both are in the BIGXII and as stated have already played each other. Not to mention, the various Bowls have contracts with various conferences based on eligibility (win 6 games). The only way they could have faced each other in a bowl would have been in the 4 team playoff.

Archived