coordinator question

LionelRichie

while the Jets are turning over every rock to look for a new HC, whoever they hire will need to quickly put together a staff - OC/DC and position coaches.  

If Quinn or Bowles get the nod, who do they bring in as OC?     is Trestman worth a look?   How about someone from the college level? 

Any chance that Thurman sticks around to run D if we get someone like Reich?  

It depends on the relationships the new HC has created during his career.  Not just on the

pro level but the college level too.  I mentioned Marc Trestman (CHI) as an OC possibility and

Vic Fangio (SF) as an DC possibility.  Once we hire the GM and let's say Quinn is the HC choice,

the GM could contact his staff "behind the scenes" while we wait from him to be done with SEA

It depends on the relationships the new HC has created during his career.  Not just on the

pro level but the college level too.  I mentioned Marc Trestman (CHI) as an OC possibility and

Vic Fangio (SF) as an DC possibility

The only possibility of Fangio leaving SF is by becoming HC with another team.  The Redskins already asked for permission to talk to him for their DC position and were denied.   

The only possibility of Fangio leaving SF is by becoming HC with another team.  The Redskins already asked for permission to talk to him for their DC position and were denied.   

Understood, I'm hoping the new SF HC fires him when he takes over and we can get a shot at him

Understood, I'm hoping the new SF HC fires him when he takes over and we can get a shot at him

The believe is that Fangio is staying regarding whoever they hire as HC even if it is Rex.  I was reading the other day an article on the niners nation and this is how Rex feel regarding his good friend Vic Fangio.

Additionally, back in 2010, when the 49ers and the Jets played each other, Ryan said some nice things about the 49ers' defense. Apparently, the Jets would color-code the names of the best players on the opposing team leading up to the game; players who are at an all-star level received a blue shading. Ryan, in discussing the 49ers' defense, noted that it had seven blue players and a "blue coach in Vic Fangio."

This may seem off the wall but I think that if Quinn is hired, Charlie Weis could potentially come back to the Jets for a number of reasons.

1. When Quinn was the DC at Florida, Weis was the OC.
2. Weis is currently unemployed after being fired as the HC of Kansas.
3. Jersey connection. Weis was an assistant coach for Morristown in the 80s. 
4. Experience. Weis has been in the NFL for a long time and has head coaching experience. His experience could benefit the whole staff.

Some may think Weis is over the hill and done, but let's not forget he helped Matt freaking Cassel throw 27 TDs and only 5 interceptions in 2010. As far as a DC, I think Kris Richards, the current DB coach for the Seahawks would be a smart hire. He's been with the Seahawks since 2010 and has supported the developed of their impressive secondary. Sherman recently vouched for him as well.

Archived