With Revis back should we lock up Mo now?

Sully28

Revis takes out a good chunk of our 2015 cap, we have to spend the rest of our money in some way. Wilkerson is due a big contract, anywhere from 12-14 million a year, we have the money to extend him so should we just do that now? We also have to consider Richardson as he'll command around the same as Wilkerson. Personally, I am not a big fan of trading Wilkerson. I say you try and keep that DL together somehow.

Revis takes out a good chunk of our 2015 cap, we have to spend the rest of our money in some way. Wilkerson is due a big contract, anywhere from 12-14 million a year, we have the money to extend him so should we just do that now? We also have to consider Richardson as he'll command around the same as Wilkerson. Personally, I am not a big fan of trading Wilkerson. I say you try and keep that DL together somehow.

I could be wrong, but I think we only have 15-20 million left right now. Jason at OTC has us with about 26M left, but that's not counting the deals for Skrine or Carpenter. 

Of course, Wilk's cap hit for 2015 is already 6.5, so I could see the Jets giving him a 2 or 3M raise as part of any extension, and show him the real money in 2016 and 2017

I could be wrong, but I think we only have 15-20 million left right now. Jason at OTC has us with about 26M left, but that's not counting the deals for Skrine or Carpenter. 

Of course, Wilk's cap hit for 2015 is already 6.5, so I could see the Jets giving him a 2 or 3M raise as part of any extension, and show him the real money in 2016 and 2017

Hopefully, I want to see Wilk and Rich back with this team for a long time. They're really the only young players worth keeping for the next 6 years.

They wouldn't do that. They'd lock him up now and his cap hit would naturally rise by $2-3M. Otherwise they'd let him play out the season as is.

I think they'll see what else they want to do, and if there is no one OMG move (like the Brees nonsense) that would cost the team nearly $20M this season then they'll address Mo before the summer. No rush to do it now, though.

Archived