If we trade #6/Mariota to the Eagles

Integrity28

SI's Peter King says the Eagles would likely have to give up two first-round picks plus "something significant" to get Oregon QB Marcus Mariota.

Something significant would likely be stud DE Fletcher Cox (who would at least be a top-15 pick in this year's draft). And that would be at the shallow end of the scenarios. Philly Mag's Tim McManus says two first-rounders, a second-rounder, Cox, Mychal Kendricks and Vinny Curry could get the Eagles from No. 20 to No. 2. It would be a massive price for Chip Kelly to get his quarterback.

Let's play this out... We get a couple #1's and maybe Fletcher Cox. Does that gives us the freedom to then trade Mo Wilk away for another 1st rounder? Perhaps to the Saints or Cleveland, who have multiple 1st rounders to deal. For the sake of this pipe-dream, let's imagine we get the #12 from Cleveland for Wilk.

Gain: #20 from Eagles, #12 from Browns, Fletcher Cox DE, a 2016 1st rounder from the Eagles

Lose: Mo Wilk, #6 overall

We use the #12 on Danny Shelton, Bud Dupree, Vic Beasley or Devante Parker

We use the #20 on Andrus Peat, Ereck Flowers, Trae Waynes or Melvin Gordon

For what it's worth, I believe that's the assumed cost to get up to #2. I think if Tennessee passes and Mariota starts to slide, the cost goes down.

The cost wont go down if the buyer is Philly. They're sitting at #20. If you want a team to give up a top 5/top 10 spot you're going to give them whatever they ask for to do it, because its either that or Sam "I havent played a full season since 2012" Bradford. 

I just don't see Titans trading down (ala Browns picks) for mid 1st round picks however, I can see Eagles moving up to 6th pick giving the JETS Bradford and their first round #20 pick and maybe a 3rd rounder this year.

Then Eagles package the 6th pick in the this year's 1st round and next year's 1st plus add'l mid rounder next year for Mariota.

I just don't see Titans trading down (ala Browns picks) for mid 1st round picks however, I can see Eagles moving up to 6th pick giving the JETS Bradford and their first round #20 pick and maybe a 3rd rounder this year.

Then Eagles package the 6th pick in the this year's 1st round and next year's 1st plus add'l mid rounder next year for Mariota.

Where do I sign for Bradford and the 20th pick?

The cost wont go down if the buyer is Philly. They're sitting at #20. If you want a team to give up a top 5/top 10 spot you're going to give them whatever they ask for to do it, because its either that or Sam "I havent played a full season since 2012" Bradford. 

If the buyer is Philly and they're willing to give up that much, they're going to get a taker before the 6th pick. 

This is the three way trade scenario and the reason the jets have talked to tennessee.

Scenario: Tennessee will trade down but not as far as Philly.

Jets trade up with Tennessee.  Tennessee gets pick 6 and some assets. Jets then trade with philly.

There is my fearless prediction, 3 way deal involving players and picks between the Jets, Tennessee and Philly.

Im not disagreeing with that, Im just saying that the offer wont change much because its the 6th pick and not the 2nd or 3rd. 

I mean I guess you can get into semantics as to what the reason for the difference in offer would be, but I'm pretty confident that the Jets won't be getting a package like two firsts, a second, Cox, Kendricks, and Curry for the #6 pick. 

For all the trade talk, my anticipation is that the first 5 teams all make their picks. Most of them have GMs that are new-ish or on the hot seat, and I just don't see them giving away top-5 picks for less than max value, and I don't see other teams making full value offers in a draft class that really isn't brimming with blue chip talent.

I think Mariota might get drafted by Tennessee because of the ownership/management power struggle. If not, they take Leonard Williams, and Mariota ends up falling to us, where we could easily ship him to Kelly.

If rumors = things that actually happen, then picks 2-6 are all trading down. Just not happening.

I mean I guess you can get into semantics as to what the reason for the difference in offer would be, but I'm pretty confident that the Jets won't be getting a package like two firsts, a second, Cox, Kendricks, and Curry for the #6 pick. 

If they're going to drop 14 spots the better get something similar. 

Archived