Peter Schraeger said on Mike Francesa

FrankieJets1979

Why not. 7 straight first round picks on defense and giving up picks (probably high picks) to move up for a two down player that has a huge weakness of setting the edge in the running game.

Perfect. Looks like we will be the same team Rex coached prior to 2013. Great to good defense, anemic offense. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Woody must hate offense.

Are you really expressing frustration at the jets for something they haven't even done  yet? And even if they do it, I am willing to wait a few games before I determine Fowler wasn't worth it. 

If the Jets have Fowler graded out MUCH higher than any other player left on the board they would be FOOLS not to make the move. personally, I rather sit tight and take Cooper or White, but I am not going to lose any sleep if we make a move like this. 

Are you really expressing frustration at the jets for something they haven't even done  yet? And even if they do it, I am willing to wait a few games before I determine Fowler wasn't worth it. 

If the Jets have Fowler graded out MUCH higher than any other player left on the board they would be FOOLS not to make the move. personally, I rather sit tight and take Cooper or White, but I am not going to lose any sleep if we make a move like this.

I just based that post off of the type of D that Bowles runs. He is in the dime more than any other defense where we only have 2 LBs in the game. That explains putting the Wilkerson contract talks on hold and also what many have rationalized that with moving Coples back to the DL.

In the average defense, Fowler, Beasley, Dupree, etc. are not every down players. I am basically calling BS. Based on that AND the fact that we already have 8#1 picks on our defense.

Ours: Pryor, Richardson, Milliner, Coples, Wilkerson, and Revis.

FA/trade: Pace, Cromartie

On offense, we D'Brick, Mangold, and now Carpenter.

No matter how much they have Fowler ranked, Cooper, White have to be just as high and will have a bigger impact IMO on the team's improvement.

Again, I won't lose sleep either way, I am reserved to the fact that we will never have an offense like we had in the 80's probably ever again. But, 5 of the last 6 seasons, our offense was basically unwatchable.

I just based that post off of the type of D that Bowles runs. He is in the dime more than any other defense where we only have 2 LBs in the game. That explains putting the Wilkerson contract talks on hold and also what many have rationalized that with moving Coples back to the DL.

In the average defense, Fowler, Beasley, Dupree, etc. are not every down players. I am basically calling BS. Based on that AND the fact that we already have 8#1 picks on our defense.

Ours: Pryor, Richardson, Milliner, Coples, Wilkerson, and Revis.

FA/trade: Pace, Cromartie

On offense, we D'Brick, Mangold, and now Carpenter.

No matter how much they have Fowler ranked, Cooper, White have to be just as high and will have a bigger impact IMO on the team's improvement.

Again, I won't lose sleep either way, I am reserved to the fact that we will never have an offense like we had in the 80's probably ever again. But, 5 of the last 6 seasons, our offense was basically unwatchable.

The only thing lacking on our offense is a QB, and that's a pretty big problem. But i think the combo of Decker/Marshall/Ivory/Ridley/Amaro is about as talented a group of players this offense has had in a LONG Time. If only they had someone that could get them the ball....

Archived