What Chan Gailey Means for Offense!

Skeptable

He was also playing for a new contract; in no way, shape or form was his effort "half-hearted".  Just because he was thrust into a bad situation with a bad QB doesn't make him a bad weapon.  We clamored for weapons, got one midseason, yet when Geno continued to suck, it wasn't his fault.  You "come on" with this stuff.

And still even if Harvin was a 'great' WR (which he isn't), he still was a part of the worst WR corp in the NFL. I dare you to find a worse situation. And Harvin only played... what 8 games out of Geno's 30 games

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harvin was meant as a compliment to Eric Decker, who IS on the level of a Boldin, Smith or Marshall.  Solid possession receiver and borderline WR1 who produced with varying levels of QB play.  Even when Decker was healthy Geno was terrible last year.  Meanwhile he also had Kerley, who is as dependable as they come.  Just stop.  This was hardly the worst QB crew out there.  Just look at the Raiders if you want to see a bad receiving corps.

The only thing that's going to make Geno any semblance of a real QB is he himself improving.  His weapons won't "fix" him.

Harvin was meant as a compliment to Eric Decker, who IS on the level of a Boldin, Smith or Marshall.  Solid possession receiver and borderline WR1 who produced with varying levels of QB play.  Even when Decker was healthy Geno was terrible last year.  Meanwhile he also had Kerley, who is as dependable as they come.  Just stop.  This was hardly the worst QB crew out there.  Just look at the freaking Raiders.

The only thing that's going to make Geno any semblance of a real QB is he himself improving.  His weapons won't "fix" him.

Stop embarrassing yourself... Geno was a good QB the last 4 games where he had Decker and Kerley as a WR... read the stats... Watch the games... Healthy WRs = good Geno not too difficult... Great WRs even better Geno....

Stop embarrassing yourself... Geno was a good QB the last 4 games where he had Decker and Kerley as a WR... read the stats... Watch the games... Healthy WRs = good Geno not too difficult... Great WRs even better Geno....

He's looked great the last 4 games of each season.  What we need to see is him not be the worst QB in the league for the first 12.  That would be fantastic.

Harvin was meant as a compliment to Eric Decker, who IS on the level of a Boldin, Smith or Marshall.  Solid possession receiver and borderline WR1 who produced with varying levels of QB play.  Even when Decker was healthy Geno was terrible last year.  Meanwhile he also had Kerley, who is as dependable as they come.  Just stop.  This was hardly the worst QB crew out there.  Just look at the Raiders if you want to see a bad receiving corps.

Decker wasn't healthy until the end of the year... Kerley got hurt mid season... what other arguments do you have... So far I have refuted them all

He's looked great the last 4 games of each season.  What we need to see is him not be the worst QB in the league for the first 12.  That would be fantastic.

hahaha, exactly because he had healthy WRs... do the math

Decker wasn't healthy until the end of the year... Kerley got hurt mid season... what other arguments do you have... So far I have refuted them all

Oh, so Decker had to be 100 % healthy for Geno to have a decent weapon?  I see.  It's the NFL, kid.  Everyone gets banged up.  Decker still managed to catch passes in 15 of the 16 weeks.  He isn't any less of a WR1 option in my mind.  Kerley was available for most of the season too and racked up 75 targets.  He only hauled in 38 primarily because of Geno.

Oh, so Decker had to be 100 % healthy for Geno to have a decent weapon?  I see.  It's the NFL, kid.  Everyone gets banged up.  Decker still managed to catch passes in 15 of the 16 weeks.  He isn't any less of a WR1 option in my mind.

Hampered by a Hamstring... couldn't get open... Did you even watch the games... He sat out of the second half of quite a few of them... and yes that is the WHOLE point from the beginning... I am glad you came full circle on this...

So the first 12 weeks of each of the last 2 seasons:  Not Geno's fault.  Got it.

Oh stop... cherry pick like a baby.... Get over it... Rookie season QB is still learning the system. 2nd season He has a WR core that is the worst in the league... bottom 5 at best and an injured decker until week 8 where you get a dynamic play maker that can't run routes and doesn't know the system... takes him a couple weeks to get on the same page but by then they are out of it and coast through the final 4 games.

You just can't see whats right in front of your face

Trust me.  I wish you were in the right on this.  I wished it when Sanchez was our QB too.  Weapons don't fix QB's who process the game too slowly.  They just don't.  Sanchez and Geno would find new and creative ways to overthrow Megatron in his prime.

Oh stop... cherry pick like a baby.... Get over it... Rookie season QB is still learning the system. 2nd season He has a WR core that is the worst in the league... bottom 5 at best and an injured decker until week 8 where you get a dynamic play maker that can't run routes and doesn't know the system... takes him a couple weeks to get on the same page but by then they are out of it and coast through the final 4 games.

They weren't out of it until week 12?  They were 1-7 at the mid-point.  They were as out of it as out of it could be.

They weren't out of it until week 12?  They were 1-7 at the mid-point.  They were as out of it as out of it could be.

They were out of it when they got Harvin... and really out of it that next week when they lost... I said that earlier...

Trust me.  I wish you were in the right on this.  I wished it when Sanchez was our QB too.  Weapons don't fix QB's who process the game too slowly.  They just don't.  Sanchez and Geno would find new and creative ways to overthrow Megatron in his prime.

Geno isn't Sanchez... Sanchez was an overhyped QB from USC that only played 1 season in college... to not give Geno a QB that came nowhere close to running a pro-style offense less time then Sanchez is ridiculous. Even comparing them is stupid. To say that WRs doesn't make a difference is naive and facts and stats have proven otherwise. That's what I have said from the beginning of your ridiculous notions.

Geno isn't Sanchez... Sanchez was an overhyped QB from USC that only played 1 season in college... to not give Geno a QB that came nowhere close to running a pro-style offense less time then Sanchez is ridiculous. Even comparing them is stupid. To say that WRs doesn't make a difference is naive and facts and stats have proven otherwise. That's what I have said from the beginning of your ridiculous notions.

Sanchez had less college experience, so that means you should give up on him sooner?  Not sure I follow this line of thinking...

Sanchez had less college experience, so that means you should give up on him sooner?  Not sure I follow this line of thinking...

Sorry, what I mean to say is that everyone should give Geno as much opportunity to fail or succeed that Sanchez had. With the win now attitude and that the Jets fans were so soured by Sanchez they won't give Geno that extra chance to show he can make it in the NFL.  Now like I said before, he hasn't had the weapons to prove himself but if he fails now given the opportunity and weapons it will prove that he is worthless or he will succeed and all the bellyaching over the QB will turn to something else to whine about.  But to write off the QB before you even see him this year is just dumb.

Archived