Time for Fitzpatrick to Step up Against Rex

JetNation

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually attend the Bills-Jets home game every year with a friend of mine who is a Bills fan and we make a little side bet. I've never cheered and cursed the same player so much in one afternoon than the late 2011 game. Seemed like Sanchez was either throwing an incompletion (a couple of which bounced off the hands of defenders) or was throwing TDs. Looking back at the numbers, they're just about how I remembered it. Completed under 50% of his passes, under 200 yards...but had the 4 TDs and (luckily) just 1 pick. Fitzpatrick did play pretty well in that one. Took advantage of the Cromartie muff and smartly took a shot right away on a defense that wasn't expecting to be out there. Actually probably should have won that game if not for the Stevie Johnson drop at the end. Thanks for the $20, Stevie. 

the thread wasn't about updates for Ryan, it was about Ryan against Rex which is over until week 17.  mark was discussed b/c he came up in the article where the author wrote biased, misinformed info and I politely corrected him.

what did the article say that was incorrect?

what did the article say that was incorrect?

when you bashed Sanchez for his play that game just looking at blind #s despite not noting how he only played a possession into the 3rd qtr and had a beautiful deep would be TD that Braylon allowed to bounce of his facemask. 

when you bashed Sanchez for his play that game just looking at blind #s despite not noting how he only played a possession into the 3rd qtr and had a beautiful deep would be TD that Braylon allowed to bounce of his facemask. 

So just to be clear, there was nothing incorrect in what I wrote, but you were upset that I didn't add in any excuses for Sanchez's stat line as you so often do.

So just to be clear, there was nothing incorrect in what I wrote, but you were upset that I didn't add in any excuses for Sanchez's stat line as you so often do.

it was dishonest, you posted blind stats w/.o acknowledging what actually happened.  Either you didn't know(which is bad) or you intentionally didn't add it(which is also bad) so either way it was terrible work.

it was dishonest, you posted blind stats w/.o acknowledging what actually happened.  Either you didn't know(which is bad) or you intentionally didn't add it(which is also bad) so either way it was terrible work.

You're upset that in an article about Fitz and Rex, I mentioned the key circumstances that led to Fitz losing, but you're upset that I didn't do a five page explanation as to why Mark Sanchez was awesome on a day in which he threw five interceptions.  Shocking.

You're upset that in an article about Fitz and Rex, I mentioned the key circumstances that led to Fitz losing, but you're upset that I didn't do a five page explanation as to why Mark Sanchez was awesome on a day in which he threw five interceptions.  Shocking.

Not upset, it doesn't bother me but I do like to see the truth out there and not the perception of a bitter fan.  That is my biggest thing w/ always defending mark. 

Also, we were discussing the game in Toronto later in the year not the 5 INT game.  The game he barely played half of and you posted his out of context #s while bashing him.

Not upset, it doesn't bother me but I do like to see the truth out there and not the perception of a bitter fan.  That is my biggest thing w/ always defending mark. 

Also, we were discussing the game in Toronto later in the year not the 5 INT game.  The game he barely played half of and you posted his out of context #s while bashing him.

Again, you keep saying "incorrect" or "not true" when the fact it is that the information was factual.  You were just upset that the Fitz vs. Rex article wasn't an article about Mark Sanchez excuses.

Again, you keep saying "incorrect" or "not true" when the fact it is that the information was factual.  You were just upset that the Fitz vs. Rex article wasn't an article about Mark Sanchez excuses.

here was what you wrote:

Mark Sanchez bested Fitzpatrick and the Bills, but not by much.  A mediocre Buffalo defense held Sanchez to 104 yards through the air on 7-15 passing, so as was the case in many of Ryan’s victories, it was due largely in part to his defense and running game being able to overcome horrific quarterback play. 

this is all opinion(misinformed, as usual) minus the posting of stats out of context.  Interesting you didn't post his 92 rating for that game even while ignoring the other circumstances of the game. 

here was what you wrote:

this is all opinion(misinformed, as usual) minus the posting of stats out of context.  Interesting you didn't post his 92 rating for that game even while ignoring the other circumstances of the game. 

Because, much to your dismay, it was not an article about Mark Sanchez.  Sometimes people like to read and hear about other NFL players.  I'm sorry your favorite player was a terrible QB during his time with the Jets.  I wish he'd been better.  If so, they may have actually won something.

They did not, he moved on and was signed by a coach who, by his own admission, never saw him play with the Jets.  Shocking.

Because, much to your dismay, it was not an article about Mark Sanchez.  Sometimes people like to read and hear about other NFL players.  I'm sorry your favorite player was a terrible QB during his time with the Jets.  I wish he'd been better.  If so, they may have actually won something.

They did not, he moved on and was signed by a coach who, by his own admission, never saw him play with the Jets.  Shocking.

here was what you wrote:

So it was my opinion that Mark Sanchez was 7-15/104?  Strong work.

it wasn't about mark but you took the time to bash him in the article.  why not just be fair?   you tried to portray it like he was awful that night when that wasn't true.  The only terrible I see is the attempt at writing that article.

No QB has played better in the NFL under that coach.

it wasn't about mark but you took the time to bash him in the article.  why not just be fair?   you tried to portray it like he was awful that night when that wasn't true.  The only terrible I see is the attempt at writing that article.

No QB has played better in the NFL under that coach.

So you're telling me he might ever be better than Geno Smith?

"this is all opinion(misinformed, as usual) minus the posting of stats out of context."  do you now what that "minus" means?  your reading is as strong as your writing.

I admit, I only read about every fourth word you type...I pretty much fill in the blanks with the excuses I know you're making for Sanchez.  He was an atrocious QB with this team.  Such a shame we didn't have Fitz back then.

"this is all opinion(misinformed, as usual) minus the posting of stats out of context."  do you now what that "minus" means?  your reading is as strong as your writing.

Dude, I just saw some threads on the front page that aren't about Sanchez yet....get to work, you're slipping.

I admit, I only read about every fourth word you type...I pretty much fill in the blanks with the excuses I know you're making for Sanchez.  He was an atrocious QB with this team.  Such a shame we didn't have Fitz back then.

it's why you put out such crappy "articles".  If you pay attention maybe next time you won't make such foolish mistakes?  I'm trying to help you here.

it's why you put out such crappy "articles".  If you pay attention maybe next time you won't make such foolish mistakes?  I'm trying to help you here.

That's what the world is missing...a bunch of articles about a backup QB who completes 52% of his passes.

Failing to load an article with excuses for Sanchez is not a "mistake".

can you remind me what Fitz's playoff record is again? I mean, such a clutch player must have really won some big games in his long career

can you remind me what Fitz's playoff record is again? I mean, such a clutch player must have really won some big games in his long career

Who wins football games?  Football teams, or just the quarterback?

That's what the world is missing...a bunch of articles about a backup QB who completes 52% of his passes.

Failing to load an article with excuses for Sanchez is not a "mistake".

Nope, it's called being fair and not trying to be misleading.  You were trying to be misleading based on your irrational, juvenile hatred of Sanchez.

what am I looking at here? Mark's playoff wins? He played his ass off in those games. Even in the losses he came very close. Remind me what was the last big game fitz has won?

Yes, Marks "several" playoff wins in which the defense "failed" as you put it.

They failed by allowing 14 points, 14 points, 16 points, and a season-low 21 points to a Pats team that averaged 34 PPG at home that season.

Oh...such failures.

Yes, Marks "several" playoff wins in which the defense "failed" as you put it.

They failed by allowing 14 points, 14 points, 16 points, and a season-low 21 points to a Pats team that averaged 34 PPG at home that season.

Oh...such failures.

the D was good in those games BUT they did give up a late lead at Indy in the 2010 WC game and mark led his O right down the field to set up a chip shot FGA for the win.

the D was good in those games BUT they did give up a late lead at Indy in the 2010 WC game and mark led his O right down the field to set up a chip shot FGA for the win.

They were "good".  Right...14/14/16/21 to the pats all on the road is "good", but when Sanchez throws for 100 yards he's a monster. 

Archived