Is Ryan Fitzpatrick Ryan Fitzmagic?

JetNation

Ryan Fitzpatrick was not supposed to be the starter, but now he is, and JetNation is happy about this. The New York Jets have been struggling at the quarterback position, but with offensive weapons like Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker, Fitzpatrick is a sure thing this season. How long will the magic last? Let us […]

Click here to read the full story...

I was really psyched when the Jets got Fitzpatrick.  I know I posted here many times - going from the worst QB in the league statistically simply to a below average QB was a HUGE improvement.  If you can go from 32 or 33 in the league to 18-22 range at the most important position, that is an enormous improvement.  And it has shown so far!

I also think Fitz seems to have gotten even better lately.  His running at key times has been great, and I think he even slid feet first vs. the Giants.  That's my biggest worry at the moment - that he'll hurt himself more doing something stupid like running for an extra 2 yards at his own 38 on 2nd down vs. just sliding and he'll hurt himself worse.

If he can stay healthy and continue to improve, and if Marshall/Decker/Ivory and some others can produce, maybe this can last a few years.  I just looked and he's 32 years old.  Would be wonderful if he can play at an average or just below NFL level for the Jets for a couple years while we identify a potential better/franchise option (as if one could dictate the timing on such thing....).

My biggest qualm - I wish we could collectively drop the "Fitzmagic" term.  "Sanchize."  "Mangenius."  These are awful and always work out terribly in the long run.  Let's just go with Fitzpatrick or Fitz for short.

I was really psyched when the Jets got Fitzpatrick.  I know I posted here many times - going from the worst QB in the league statistically simply to a below average QB was a HUGE improvement.  If you can go from 32 or 33 in the league to 18-22 range at the most important position, that is an enormous improvement.  And it has shown so far!

I also think Fitz seems to have gotten even better lately.  His running at key times has been great, and I think he even slid feet first vs. the Giants.  That's my biggest worry at the moment - that he'll hurt himself more doing something stupid like running for an extra 2 yards at his own 38 on 2nd down vs. just sliding and he'll hurt himself worse.

If he can stay healthy and continue to improve, and if Marshall/Decker/Ivory and some others can produce, maybe this can last a few years.  I just looked and he's 32 years old.  Would be wonderful if he can play at an average or just below NFL level for the Jets for a couple years while we identify a potential better/franchise option (as if one could dictate the timing on such thing....).

My biggest qualm - I wish we could collectively drop the "Fitzmagic" term.  "Sanchize."  "Mangenius."  These are awful and always work out terribly in the long run.  Let's just go with Fitzpatrick or Fitz for short.

He's the Conquering Hero.  Get it right.  :)

While fair, how do you know that Ryan doesnt introduce himself as Fitzmagic?  It's pretty catchy. 

While fair, how do you know that Ryan doesnt introduce himself as Fitzmagic?  It's pretty catchy. 

Good point.  I remember hearing a recorded phone call someone had with Roger Clemens.  I think it was evidence in one of the hearings or whatever.  I remember he answered his phone "Rocket here."  He actually said that.  Instead of picking up his phone and saying something like "hello," he began "Rocket here."

I loved Clemens right up until that very instant, but not for a second more.

Archived