If Todd Bowles was a genius at coaching

Scott Dierking

I'm not a troll, but I'll give it a shot.

It all goes back to the way BB was treated by the Jets with regards to the Parcells situation.

He's still pissed off.

And I don't blame him who knows what would have happened had the Tuna not replaced BB as the HC in 1997 and they would have stayed with BB??

What does the Jets making a playoff push have to do with the Pats?

Pats sat their starters last year against the Bills and they are far more banged up this year.

With the bye, Pats starters would have 3 weeks to get healthy.

Only thing that would change this is if the Broncos beat the Steelers today.

If the Broncos don't bet the Steelers, Jets may not get in.

Would love the Pats to lie down for the Jets so they get in, but remember all of the crap we got (even Goodell) telling the world it wasn't fair - even though someone is going to take the NFC East with a crappy record.  If we want to get in, we need to beat the Pats.  With all of their injuries, we need to be able to beat them at home.

Pats sat their starters last year against the Bills and they are far more banged up this year.

Since the Broncos are currently winning there wont be all that much resting next week IMO.....

I agree Pats are pretty banged up after today. But I don't think Pats will sit their starters. Not the entire game atleast. They still need one more victory to clinch the #1 seed (which they should). Until they do that, I highly doubt Belichick will rest his players for any reason other than injuries. I don't think Belichick would wanna play the Bengals in AFCCG ion Cincy if it got to that point. Plus it's the Jets, Belichicks most hated team. Why would he not wanna say **** you to the Jets one more time this year by essentially ending their fairytale season? 

I can see them rest Amendola but possibly allow Edelman to play a couple of drives. I see them starting Brady and playing till atleast half time. Gronk is another guy they may consider resting at half time, seeing how he gets hit a lot. Other than those unlikely scenarios, I see them wanting this game n resting half the team for wk17. 

If the Broncos don't bet the Steelers, Jets may not get in.

Would love the Pats to lie down for the Jets so they get in, but remember all of the crap we got (even Goodell) telling the world it wasn't fair - even though someone is going to take the NFC East with a crappy record.  If we want to get in, we need to beat the Pats.  With all of their injuries, we need to be able to beat them at home.

And we may still not get in. Brady-less Pats didn't make the playoffs being an 11 win team. I see it happening again. 

BB doesn't give a crap about the Jets.

Why would he risk an injury when the game means squat for the Pats?

Game means a little more than squat. See my above post. Pats are not rolling over. And if you think BB doesn't give a crap about the Jets, think again. 

Archived